Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rileydogmi
    replied
    I haven't checked the CPU - I will do that next time.

The speaker apps are running on my media server - the speaker apps are the only apps running on this machine - it is a core 2 quad Q9300 processor 2.5GHz with 4GB Ram, running Windows 7 x64 - speaker app is 2.5.0.60

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
    I was about to post a similar question - I have 2 instances of Speaker and I use a M-Audi Delta 1010T sound card that has multiple outputs. I have one instance using 1 of the Delta channels, the other speaker instance using another. So I am running the speaker app off one sound card, different channels.

My issue is when I speak to all clients, I frequently get stutters, gaps in the speech on these speaker apps. Very frustrating. I only use the channels for speech, no music. When I speak on one speaker instance, it seems OK - only when I issue a speak all instances I get the issue.
    What does the cpu usage look like when you hear the stuttering? What are the specs on the hardware?

Leave a comment:

• rileydogmi
    replied
    I was about to post a similar question - I have 2 instances of Speaker and I use a M-Audi Delta 1010T sound card that has multiple outputs. I have one instance using 1 of the Delta channels, the other speaker instance using another. So I am running the speaker app off one sound card, different channels.

My issue is when I speak to all clients, I frequently get stutters, gaps in the speech on these speaker apps. Very frustrating. I only use the channels for speech, no music. When I speak on one speaker instance, it seems OK - only when I issue a speak all instances I get the issue.

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Correct - I dont think you can assign multiple speaker instances to different channels on the same card. That would be nice, though...

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Sure you can do this. Start two different speaker app instances on that same computer (that info is in the HS2 Help Files). Then assign each speaker app a different sound card.

Leave a comment:

• Krumpy
    replied
    You're using MusicLobby on separate channels right? Long stort short, the Cinemar products use Microsoft's directshow to output the audio on different directshow channels.

This can not be done with the HS speaker as far as I know. You have to use different sound cards. Don't believe that the HS speaker uses directshow.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    started a topic Multiple speaker clients one sound card

Multiple speaker clients one sound card

I haven't checked in on this in a while and I can find nothing recent on the board but has there been any change in trying to run the speaker client on separate channels of a sound card? I currently have my sound cards outputting different sources on Front, Center/Surround and Rear and would love to have speaker be able to address each channel separately.
Working...
X