ZME Switch 1.8 zwave.me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZME Switch 1.8 zwave.me

The latest switch firmware 1.8 is not working with Homeseer.
    Homeseer will create 3 device
    Main Switch
    Root
    Scene control
    Controlling the switch via Homeseer is not possible..All the functions seams to be fine ..Including optimize en config.

With older firmware there was always one device (no root and Scene control)

In my case HS allows me to switch it ON, but switching OFF is not working. I guess it's gets confused because of the scenecontroller somehow.

Comment

Any news on the subject? I know that a new release 1.9 was expected on the end of januaty, this release adresses the group association functions (zwave.me forum). I, thinking of sending back my 5 new duwi switches and have them flushed with version 1.6

Comment

In version 1.6 there are also some bugs..
        These are network related. When there is to much trafic the module will only response on on/off
        The 1.8 problem need to be solved by Homeseer

I the next days I will receive new modules...This will be 1.9

Comment

Last edited by ralphie; February 12, 2013, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Try to rescan. Device have only 3 Groups for associations: http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/device/273

Comment

Upadte

ZME did not change the firmware yet.
              It's working fine with the Vera and HC2

When including the switch it will create 3 Homeseer devices (see image)
              3 device is some strange Z-Wave Scene Controller Conf with no options/name and no control (see image)

Only the ON button will work fine.
              Local control ON/OFF will work fine.

For controlling the OFF button via Homeseer:
              Create a scene in zwave manager (see image)
              Create Event for the off command that will call the scene (see image)
              You need to do this for every device

This way turning off the devices with firmware 1.8 will work okay..
              I think we have to wait for HS3 for the final solution.
              Attached Files

Comment

Great solution !!! Only now is the question how to translate it in HS touch.
                I use toggle on/ off switches in touch and I think that I can't toggle between scenes or I must use a virtual device.

Comment

I rescanned all the modules but I still have four groups
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ralphie View Post
                    Great solution !!! Only now is the question how to translate it in HS touch.
                    I use toggle on/ off switches in touch and I think that I can't toggle between scenes or I must use a virtual device.
                    You can use this ToggleDevice.vb script in your event
                    Just replace the Off part of the script with your off event for the scene
                    Q5 is the device name.

Code:
                    hs.TriggerEvent "turn off ZW127"

Code:
                    Public Sub Main(ByVal Parms As String)
                        Dim i As Integer
                        i = hs.DeviceStatus(Parms)
                        Select Case i
                            Case 2
                                '' Device ON, turn it OFF
                                hs.ExecX10(Parms, "Off")
                            Case 3
                                '' Device OFF, turn it ON
                                hs.ExecX10(Parms, "On")
                            Case 4
                                '' Device DIM, turn it OFF
                                hs.ExecX10(Parms, "Off")
                        End Select
                    End Sub
                    Attached Files

Comment

Chak, is homeseer aware of the problem than? As a homeseer pro 2 owner i whish that this will be fixed, because i don't think they will give me a free upgrade to version 3... or do they?

Comment

Hi guys,

any updates?

Comment

No news...We have to wait for HS3

I Think HS nows this problem..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
                              Can some one from Homeseer please respond to this one?
                              You have to realize that we cannot monitor every thread on the message board - if you want us to respond, somebody has to open a support ticket or otherwise get our attention!

This was just brought to my attention. These modified switches support the multi-channel-association command class which will never be in HS2. This was JUST added to HS3, but has not been tested because I am still waiting to receive a Vitrum device that supports that command class for testing. If you get the latest version of the Z-Wave plug-in and try it with these switches, you can help tell me whether the multi-channel association is working or not. More specifically, the way in which we interrogate the device to find its capabilities may also have some bugs, but I will look at the Pepper1 information and will see if I can find anything else that may be causing a problem. It would help a great deal though if somebody who has these and is playing with HS3 can tell me whether they are working or not.

From what I can see so far in the Pepper1 information, though, this device can never be certified and could very well be a nightmare to support. It supports multi_channel but according to the Pepper1 information does not report that in the NIF - that is a deal breaker right there. It also shows that it supports association AND multi_channel_association, which does not make sense - unless it controls multiple loads directly, it should be one or the other.

It also shows that the state change association group is 3, which is definitely out of the ordinary - we are about to make a change so that if association group 1 is supported, HomeSeer is added to it automatically, and that is because with Z-Wave+ all nodes will support a lifeline (reporting) on association group 1 because that is what all of the nodes I have ever seen (until now) use for status reporting.

If this device is certified, which I doubt now that it can be, then we are required to support the base functionality. If it is not certified, then we will still make an attempt to support it, but I may have to get my hands on one.
                              Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                              X