Event Repeating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Repeating

I have an event that follows a series of steps to turn off the lights in the house at about 11 oclock at night. For 99% of the time, the timing is perfect and everything works as it should. At the appointed time, the event triggers and the house is in darkness.

Occasionally we will be doing something that has us up much later in the evening. For some reason that I do not understand if I turn the lights back on again by using my KPL to trigger a different event, Homeseer turns them off again. It is almost as if the software is sensing that the first event failed and it is sending the OFF command a second time when I did not want the lights off at all.

Does anyone know why this happens? Surely I am not the only user that has this problem. I am hoping that there an easy solution. What have others done in a similar circumstance?

Insteon does have some error checking or clean up protocols that run in the 30 seconds or so after an event.
    One way to avoid it is to put a condition on your events that the controlled light has to be on for at least 1 minute.

Comment

Working...
    X