Fibaro dimmer association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro dimmer association

After receiving some great help in another thread, I have successfully got my Fibaro FGD211 dimmer working. Next step is to get it configured so that the S2 key controls some other lights in the same room.

The other lights are connected to a Fibaro 1x3Kw relay switch, which has also been configured and is working fine when controlled locally from a switch and remotely via the z-wave controller. Within Homeseer, the relay switch appears as 3 devices: a base/root device and two binary switches. No idea what the second binary switch does (may just be because Fibaro also does a 2x1.5KW variation of the same switch and the same firmware is used), but the first one definitely controls the attached load on the relay.

To my questions:

1. When I open up the Homeseer association screen for the dimmer, I select Group 2 (which is that the S2 switch triggers) but the destination pulldown only lists the relay
    base/root device and not the binary switch I want to operate. Do I just associate the base device or am I missing something?

2. On the same pulldown, I can see the option to specify "Homeseer" as the destination of the association. What does that do? is there somewhere in homeseer that can pick up the fact that a button has been pressed to fire off an event etc?

This is the first time I've used associations within Homeseer, so any advice or guidance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Julian

You're not alone. Same question here.

Frank.

Comment

And here too.
      Any answer on this already??
      - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
      PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

You don't say if its HS2 or HS3.

In HS3 unless you are using one of the latest beta Z-Wave plug-ins you won't be able to set a group 3 association to Homeseer which is needed for instant status to work on the Fibaro's.

On the dimmer add an association for group 2 to the root device of the 1 x 3 kW and that should work. Until recently (replaced FGD211 with an Aeon Smart Energy module) I had that exact setup and it worked fine.

In the latest HS3 Z-Wave plug-in beta's there have been a lot of changes relating to multi_instance_association which should allow the Fibaro's (and other M_I_A) devices to work better with HS3. Unfortunately there are other problems with the betas (for me and a number of others at least) relating to devices becoming "unknown status" so I would not recommend them just now.

I believe Rick has now identified a possible cause of the "unknown" status issue and is working on a fix.

Edit:
        I've added a screenshot of an association from S2 of an FGD211 to an FGS211 done in HS3 with Z-Wave Plug-In .64. Front Porch Lights (Node 40) is the FGS211.

Paul..
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sooty; March 22, 2014, 04:14 AM. Reason: Added screenshot

Comment

Sorry, my bad.
          I am trying this on HS2
          - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
          PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
            Sorry, my bad.
            I am trying this on HS2
            It should work in HS2 if you associate group 2 of the FGD with the root of the FGS.

I'm not running HS2 now but if I remember correctly instant status didn't work for this configuration so I was polling the FGS child device using an event whenever the root device changed.

Paul..

Comment

Comment

I'm not familiar with the LWM12 but do have quite a few FGD-211's and these have been perfectly reliable for the last 12 months or so.

I'm sure you've read all the posts regarding potential issues with Z-Wave at present. I'm sure these niggles will get sorted in the not too distant future so I wouldn't let that stop you.

Not 100% sure if the Fibaro's will do instant status if group 3 is not associated to Homeseer (controller) but I doubt it. If you have HS2 or a trial copy of HS3 with the latest ZW beta installed then you could set the G3 association there and then move the controller back.

I can send you a used version 1.4 FGD-211 free of charge if you like. That way you can try it at no cost.

Associations are a way to control one device directly from another. The Fibaro FGD for example has a second switch input so in my kitchen I have 2 switches wired to the same module. The module and S1 control the main lights whilst S2 is associated to an FGS-211 module controlling LED pelmet lighting.

So if your fan was also controlled by a Z-Wave device, you could associate S1 of the dimmer with the fan so whenever the light went on, the fan also went on and this would happen even if Homeseer wasn't running.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks Paul.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info, the quick reply and your kind offer to send me a FGS211.

You state in your reply,
                  Not 100% sure if the Fibaro's will do instant status if group 3 is not associated to Homeseer (controller) but I doubt it. If you have HS2 or a trial copy of HS3 with the latest ZW beta installed then you could set the G3 association there and then move the controller back.

So I think I will hang fire for a while and wait until the HS3 plugin is working for me. I can currently run my EZ Motion sensors (HSM 100) on plugin version 3.0.0.88 and they work perfectly anything later does not seem to work! The only problem with 3.0.0.88 for me is the group 3 association is missing. I have nothing at the moment that needs group 3 associations.

Thanks again.
                  Peter

Comment

No problem Peter. Just let me know if you want an FGD211. As I said they are the older V1.4 units but you are welcome to one. I also have a few Duwi switch inserts to dispense with but they don't have instant status.

I'm sure this worked before all the endpoint stuff was added to the plug-in but instant status does not work (for me at least) if a Fibaro FGS device is controlled by association from another device.

I have both an FGS211 and FGS221 relays set up with everything including group 3 associated to Homeseer. If I add an association on another device to control the FGS device then the FGS is controlled as expected but the status is not updated in Homeseer. A poll of the FGS however will update the correct status.

I also have a couple of the Aeon micro modules without local control and these are controlled using the S2 of FGD211's. The status of these devices is updated automatically in HS so I assume the problem is to do with the multi-channel feature of the FGS devices.

I've not tested the FGS with local control to see if the status is updated but I suspect it will be.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                    X