Network Media player worth having

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Media player worth having

Just ordered a Pi and an 1838 IR sensor to play with over the weekend. I'll be using XBMC and also experimenting with DVD and BluRay rips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

A bit off on a tangent and related to the "no see um" Pi installation behind an LCD TV.

Recently did another in-wall for an on the wall LCD TV mount. I did utilize the same type of box as I used for the Kitchen LCD nook mount. The small dual gang boxes are ideal for this type of installation. One side is totally isolated with its own electrical box for electric and the other side of the box is totally isolated and designed for LV connectivity. The last endeavor (Sony TV) I did find a box which was similiarly designed but not. The LV side of the box had a type of opening to allow LV cables through which I did not like. Here I modified this part with a new wall plate and LV connectors. That said its makes for a clean behind the wall (flush mount LCD) dual box with room for the Pi type set up.

Personally I just want to see the LCD TV and nothing else (cables and such around it).

The difficult pieces though relate to the HV or 120VAC connection and being able to do this correctly.

That's my thing though and how I plan (when I get to it) to mount a "test" XBMC Pi setup in the Kitchen.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I think I have my Raspberry Pi all set up. This thing is AMAZING

I will know soon if I truly have what I want done as I am still not done ripping all of my movies to my NAS. I have just over 400 so it is slow going.

As soon as I am done I will do a quick write up and video tutorial and how I set it all up.

Then after HS3 comes out I will attempt to create an XBMC ad-on that will allow me to interact with HS (this is a pie in the sky goal though)

Comment

Working...
        X