HST-IWAC7 without HS Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST-IWAC7 without HS Pro?

I notice there is a new touchscreen available in the HS store.

I do not have HS Pro or any sort of Android plug-in.

Would I still be able to use these new touchscreens, or will they require an upgrade to HS Pro, because the touchscreens are technically "Androids"?

Thank you in advance!

The way I understand it (defer for someone from HST to comment) is that whether you have HS2 or HSPRO matters not as long as you have one of them, what you do need is HSTouch (the server plugin) and the HSTouch Android plugin both enabled together for it to work.

If you buy HSPRO then you get both included as part of the package (and the iPhone plugin/unlimited connections plugin).

Comment

Thank you for clarifying that, that was exactly my concern.

In short, as a licensed owner of HS2, I will not be able to use the new Android-based touchscreens sold in the HS store without either upgrading to Pro, or shelling out an extra $240 for the "Touch" server/client software. It just seems like a lot of money to top of purchasing the hardware, for someone who has already purchased HS.

With new apps like InControl (extremely intuitive software, btw) all including Android/iPhone support natively, I wonder if HS is going to re-consider this approach and start selling the "Touch" features intrinsic to HS3?

Thanks again for the clarification!

Comment

Originally posted by wpbfl View Post
        Thank you for clarifying that, that was exactly my concern.

In short, as a licensed owner of HS2, I will not be able to use the new Android-based touchscreens sold in the HS store without either upgrading to Pro, or shelling out an extra $240 for the "Touch" server/client software. It just seems like a lot of money to top of purchasing the hardware, for someone who has already purchased HS.

With new apps like InControl (extremely intuitive software, btw) all including Android/iPhone support natively, I wonder if HS is going to re-consider this approach and start selling the "Touch" features intrinsic to HS3?

Thanks again for the clarification!
        I'd tend to agree, thankfully in the past HS sold the HSPRO upgrade on sale for very little ($80? I can't remember) which when I was planning on buying some plugins anyway proved an absolute bargain. I think that is how quite a few people ended up with HSTouch, if that did'nt happen I would not be using it for $240.

Until some details are released about HS3 we literally have no idea what is in store I am afraid.

Comment

Working...
        X