Please Make a Z-Wave GFI Outlet :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Make a Z-Wave GFI Outlet :)

Oh please develop a GFI Z-Wave enabled receptacle? It would save me soooo much time being able to have Homeseer tell me when my GFI tripped vs. walking my property hunting for the GFI that tripped.

Thank you.

You need to send this request to the manufactures of Z-Wave devices like Cooper, Leviton, etc.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      You need to send this request to the manufactures of Z-Wave devices like Cooper, Leviton, etc.
      Rupp are there discussion groups for specific manufacturer's on this board?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mikecotrone View Post
        Rupp are there discussion groups for specific manufacturer's on this board?

Thanks!
        No there's not.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Other options are switch to a GFCI breaker in the panel for that circuit or I'd just convert the junction box to a dual gang, install a GFCI, then install the Z-Wave on the back side of the GFCI outlet. All of course being in line with local, national, and intergalactic wiring codes.

~Bill

Comment

I noticed with new construction in Florida they did a one GFI per many outlets extending out from areas which I didn't really like.

I don't like having to search for a GFI outlet outside of a room.

Personally I understand the differences in code; but it is really a mickey mouse set up.

In Illinois I have GFI's in the bathrooms, basement, garage, on and on. Even though already protected all of my outdoor outlets have GFI's.

They are cheap and bit bulky but are considered saftey devices for a reason.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

There are gfi with on board led which makes it better to diagnose.
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                I don't like having to search for a GFI outlet outside of a room.
                I had that when I moved here, all three bathrooms had their outlets combined into one circuit and used a GFI to protect. Of course it was the 1st floor bathroom where the GFI was located and every time my wife would have stuff (no idea what all that junk is doing) plugged in and the GFI would trip it required running downstairs to re-set. I've since changed that to use separate GFI's in each bathroom. She still causes it to trip once in a while but at least doesn't require running downstairs to fix.
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Here modded the outlets (and in Florida) when I did the GFI's with night LED lighting plates. These LED plates just glow and they have been in place now for many years. I also found some illogically done up circuits; so redid them a bit.

That and I "moved" my wife to using another bathroom (not masterbath) on the second floor even though the masterbath is literally two rooms over from the master bedroom. Its actually a nicer better illuminated bathroom (with skylight et al).

It was an easy "sell" once totally redone.

She still today plugs in her hair curler and hair dryer using them both from one outlet pushing on the amperage of said outlet.

Geez; still recall what Jim Doolittle did to his wife putting separate toggles in single and double gang boxes for everything in their master bathroom and she memorized what each switch did.

I did make a recommendation to remove the switches if she decided to sell the house; these would probably cause confusion to the buyer.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                    X