Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mimolite

Hello,
    Just received a mimolite with intentions to use it to control my garage door (open, close and status) using Homeseer. I can open and close the garage just fine ( although the momentary doesn't seem to work, and I do have the jumper removed as required) my real problem is the status. I'm using a magnetic switch at the bottom of the garage door. Homeseer will not show any change in state of the magnetic switch which sort of prevents control of the door based on door position. Is there something I need to do to get the status working. I have it wired exactly like is shown in the diagram, which is fairly simple, two wires to the mimolite and only one input on the mimolite to connect two. polarity shouldn't matter although I've tried it both ways. I would think that polarity would matter with the supplied DC power supply but, the mimolite does not indicate the polarity on the terminals or power supply. does it matter? The mimolite also has a "P3" with no jumpers on any of the three positions, should there be? I'm running out of ideas. I also verified the operation of the magnetic switch using a continuity tester, the switch worked just fine. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

The MimoLite came out a little late for us to have it automatically configured by HS2, and the unit I have for testing is very old firmware so I cannot test some things, but for certain what you are missing is having the unit send a message to HomeSeer when the input changes. The firmware I have prevents me from programming the Mimo for it to happen automatically, but it is pretty easy to program it to send it periodically. Add an association of HomeSeer to Group 1 and Group 2 of the Mimo. When Group 1 has HomeSeer added, it may start sending a signal when you trigger the input with your magnetic contact. If it doesn't, then just to test your electrical setup, add the association of HomeSeer to Group 2, then go to the device properties for the root device, then Configuration, then at the bottom of that screen you can set configuration parameters - set parameter 9 to a value of 2 (20 seconds) and every 20 seconds you will get the voltage value of the input. It is not ideal to wait 20 seconds, but until I get an updated unit I can't say for sure how to configure it properly.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by cbalas View Post
      Hello,
      Just received a mimolite with intentions to use it to control my garage door (open, close and status) using Homeseer.
      May I ask where did you get the mimolite? Been looking and cannot find it online....

Comment

Rick, I'm super interested in this to operate "non-standard" input sensors (bed occupancy, soil tensiometer, photo-beam to name a few).

Any hope for HS integration or even just a "driver" update for the MimoLite? I'd be happy to beta test it for y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by SkizzlePig View Post
          Rick, I'm super interested in this to operate "non-standard" input sensors (bed occupancy, soil tensiometer, photo-beam to name a few).

Any hope for HS integration or even just a "driver" update for the MimoLite? I'd be happy to beta test it for y'all.
          Which soil tensiometer are you using? I am looking into this also, though probably not using mimolite as the interface.

Comment

Working...
          X