AI ( artificial intelligence) Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI ( artificial intelligence) Idea

I need some help Doing a little scripting... What I need it to do is to communicate with Ultra Hal. I need it to check the phrase for homeseer commands like what time is it? but if it is not a homeseer command it passes it to ultra Hal witch is a AI program any ideas on how I can achieve this.

my idea is to use the raw input and scan it then if isn't any of the cases then copy the raw input to the clipboard then past it into the input field of Ultra Hal. I personally think it would be awesome to have a house that is AI!!!

What is Ultra HAL assistant?
    Ultra Hal Assistant is your digital secretary and companion. He (or she depending on your character preference) can help you be more organized, he can help you use your computer, and he can entertain you. Ultra Hal has many animated characters to choose from and he speaks to you through your sound card with his own voice! You can also speak to Hal with Hal's speech recognition engine, or you can type to him if you wish. All you need to know in order to use Ultra Hal is to speak English! Ultra Hal can understand natural English language, after all he is an artificial intelligence program. Read on to find out how Ultra Hal Assistant can help you.
    Ultra Hal Assistant is a great conversationalist and you can have hours of entertainment just chatting with him. But in addition to being a great companion Hal can be an assistant and help increase your productivity. Ultra Hal can remember anything you tell him. Use Hal's memory to remember phone numbers, email addresses, street addresses, appointments, birthdays, or anything else that you can think of. Hal can automatically dial phone numbers for you. Hal can automatically start emails for you. Hal can automatically remind you of important dates.

Ultra Hal Assistant can run programs for you and offer help with programs. Hal automatically finds all of the Windows programs you have in your start menu. You can tell him to run any program you have and he will run it. It is much easier then searching through all the folders in the start menu to find the program you want.

Ultra Hal Assistant can help you browse the Internet by telling you what your local weather is, telling you the current news, and even performing an Internet search for you. You can also ask Hal the definition of any word.

The following conversation is an example conversation between Ultra Hal and a person. It demonstrates many of Hal's features.

thanks guys for any help

Ps ultra hal is free for 31 days here is the direct link to it
    Site:
    http://www.zabaware.com/download.asp
    File:
    http://c0424564.cdn2.cloudfiles.rack...d.com/hal6.zip

I mentioned this application to my wife this morning.

She forbade me to install it in one of the master bedroom touchscreens.

That said though trying it out on one of the other touchscreen computers this morning.

Installed it on laptop to play with it. Asked it a question and here is the answer:

Past forms tend to persist into future forms.
    The above noted. It did lock up when I switched over to sapi voices I had installed on my laptopo.

It also made my IE totally inoperable shutting down if I typed anything; IE: logging into the forum.

Removed it a few minutes ago.

It actually trashed all of my browsers on the laptop. They would start and be fine on a page then go to a microsoft error and shut down. Cleansing laptop right now.

It took three "cleansings", one AV scan and a MS update to get me back to using any of my browsers; that said I liked the program and it would do ok being the only application running on a computer.

It appeared to have changed (invisibly) the internet proxy configurations as I was getting DNS/gateway issues on the laptop but didn't see any network changes.
    Last edited by Pete; March 13, 2013, 01:33 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hey Pete if you don't me asking what are your pc specs.. and do u have all your cores enabled???

ghost
      Last edited by ~Ghost~; March 15, 2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I tried it on my core duo laptop. The application did run just fine and it was fast.

I liked it.

It did though become a bit sticky and the browser issue remained for a bit.

I went through my event logs and did not see anything unusual.

All is well.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ghost,
          Are you in any way associated with the company (Zabaware)?

Comment

New to the forum but this is an extremely intriguing idea!

Comment

No I am not in any way associated with the company Zabaware. I am thinking using <DICTATION/>+ in the voice command box and that would pass it if it is not a event voice command device command.

ghost
              Last edited by ~Ghost~; March 15, 2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Personally here I want to get to a point where I do talk to an animated HS character that if I ask tells me whatever.

That whole personal assistant stuff would work well with home automation; as long as it was not dependant on the "cloud"; I am fine with it.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

No it is not dependent on a cloud server its all in a "brain" that is a data base that collects conversations and gets smarter with every sentance

a little update:
                  the dictation worked well and i have it working now with a script..

still working out the bugs though

ghost

Comment

Great news

Guess lately I am making the assumption that whatever piece of software that connects to a network / internet is somewhat dependant on it. I shouldn't really.

I utilize a variety of speech fonts so wanted to give some SAPI 5 ones that I have a try. That is one of the pieces though would throw out a VB or MS error. IE: just switching the TTS from default.

I only saw the mouth moving with the frog character. I didn't see it moving with the other characters.

Did you try to remove the application yet; just to see if it does a clean removal?

That is where I had my other sticky issues of having no internet browser access. Actually it would come up to my google home page; then about 5 seconds later go to a can't find the internet page.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

i didn't see any thing left over after i uninstalled it the first time to move to a new pc

~Ghost~

Comment

While its a core duo; the laptop is running XP Media center and now I am wondering about it? Its an old workhorse laptop.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am running
                          Win 7 SP1
                          AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual Core Processes 4800+ 2.50 GHz
                          2 GB DDR3 Ram
                          32 Bit OS

it seems to run both of them ok but i think i may be upgrading soon.

Comment

Yeah here I try to keep Homeseer on its own entity as I do have plugins, events and variables tied to over 20 IO devices (serial, USB and network)

The separate but in vivo concurrently running HSTouch server and multiple 24/7 clients which already take up much of the processing occuring on the machine (s) (another core duo and atom based CPU box).

I have decided and now moved my weather software and HW to weather station connectivity over to a separate box. That said the application is really not working that hard but does do internet stuff either in or out every few seconds concurrently while getting data from the weather station. Homeseer does get the information though "live" via a conduit (plugin) and it seems to be working fine in this manner and now I am using two similiar but different plugins to get data from two geographically separate weather stations. I have done similiar these days with my Sprinkler system (although it was more of an experiment) running on a separate piece of hardware (a little bitty ARM CPU) yet fully controllable by Homeseer these days.

While the average utilization remains low; there are times with concurrent seemingly in cue events that do randomly create high utilization values in a kind of virtual "me first" "thing" that the main Homeseer application is wanting.

Thinking; yup its only one program but while it is; its doing muliple processes in multiple tasking way different than say surfing, using MS word and HSTouch designer all at once on another computer.

Do you think that maybe the program would work with a "conduit" or pipe to the Homeseer server "mothership" say maybe running on a touch client autonomously from Homeseer and "intercepting" the HSTouch variables and functions? Even better would be to dedicate a touch screen to the application with it connected to the mothership (homeseer).
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I am a new user and I have been following this thread intently. Just for clarification you have essentially redirect any unrecognized commands in the HS interface to the Ultra Hal program and it is responding from (what I assume to be) a wider range of replies?

Comment

Working...
                              X