Zwave zxt-120 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi greyt,

I'm also wondering about the ability to upgrade the firmware ourself? And How old was the device that was running 0.5 was?
    Lastly, what aircons do you control with these? I'm having problem learning the IR codes for my Daikin and Mitsubishi MrSlim aircons.. I really hope they are in remotec's database.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Just browsed their support page and I've found 3 separate instruction manuals for the different firmwares (v0.5, v1.0 and v1.1) with no link to download the firmwares themselves. Also mentioned in the manual that the USB port serves no purpose than to provide alternate power to the device, so I guess firmware is NOT user upgradeable.

http://www.remotec.com.hk/zaspx/support.aspx
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

The firmware is not user upgradable.

I am using LG aircon units. The download manuals on their website detail what vendors they support natively.

I can't remember the exact issue, but the 0.5 firmware had an error in the LG command set, but this was resolved in 1.0.

If you go for these I strongly recommend you go for 1.1 firmware since they do seem to have a number of bugs.

Comment

@greyt: thank you so much for the clarification. btw, one last question: does it only work for 1 type of aircon? or is there a way to use one zxt-120 to control multiple aircons of different types that are close together.

I think this is a very interesting device as it combines those 'universal 1000-in-1 aircon remotes' ($13 on ebay) and z-wave! For most people, they don't need to go through the hurdles of 'learning' IR codes and can just pick from a huge database.

Comment

If using the inbuilt codes then it will only support one unit at a time. If you program it you could frig it by programming the following temperatures :-

18 - 18 aircon 1
            19 - 19 aircon 1
            20 - 20 aircon 1
            21 - 21 aircon 1
            22 - 18 aircon 2
            23 - 19 - aircon 2

It really isn't ideal and I haven't tried it, but in the above config if you set the temperature to 22 then it would send the IR code for 18 to the 2nd aircon unit. Hopefully the logic makes sense.

From memory you can program the device for temp 18 through 30

Comment

Originally posted by greyt View Post
              If using the inbuilt codes then it will only support one unit at a time. If you program it you could frig it by programming the following temperatures :-

18 - 18 aircon 1
              19 - 19 aircon 1
              20 - 20 aircon 1
              21 - 21 aircon 1
              22 - 18 aircon 2
              23 - 19 - aircon 2

It really isn't ideal and I haven't tried it, but in the above config if you set the temperature to 22 then it would send the IR code for 18 to the 2nd aircon unit. Hopefully the logic makes sense.

From memory you can program the device for temp 18 through 30
              I don't mess with the temperature setting that much anyway, I just pick a comfortable temp and usually just turn on and off to that

I'll really have to look into making custom HS touch screens now, I bet you can hide these 'mislabels' behind custom buttons, right?

Thanks a lot for your insights and input, greyt. I've ordered one via Amazon!

Comment

Working...
              X