Running a delayed event - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running a delayed event - Solved!

So I'm trying to do something simple thru events, but I have a feeling I may need to use a script. Here's what I want to do...

I have a buried driveway vehicle sensor, as well as a motion sensor. One to trigger on vehicles, other on people coming up the driveway. They use Zwave door sensors wired to the contact closure. I have an email sent if the vehicle sensor goes off (works great) thru an event. However, I want to have an email sent if the Motion Sensor goes off, but NOT the vehicle sensor. Problem is the placement for detecting motion isn't an exact science, so the motion sensor may go off just before (bad), or after (ok) the vehicle sensor.

Thoughts on best way to do this in HS2? I was using the conditional on the vehicle sensor, but unfortunately won't work if motion sensor triggers first.

Thanks!

-Mike

One way to do this is to use a wait and a then run another event with conditions (manual with conditions).

For example, an event is triggered by the PIR. The first action is a wait (a few seconds, I assume). The next action is to run an event that checks to see if the vehicle sensor has been off for at least X amount of time. If it has, then send the email.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      One way to do this is to use a wait and a then run another event with conditions (manual with conditions).

For example, an event is triggered by the PIR. The first action is a wait (a few seconds, I assume). The next action is to run an event that checks to see if the vehicle sensor has been off for at least X amount of time. If it has, then send the email.
      AHHHH! Good idea... I'll give that a shot, thanks!!!

-Mike

Comment

So I think I did this right, but it's still going off:

Event 1 - Triggered on device value change of motion sensor
        Action: Wait 10s
        Action: Run event 2to send email

Event 2 - Email event which is manual with conditions, Apply conditions, Driveway Motion Sensor Sensor Binary has been Off-Closed-No Motion for at least 1 minutes
        Action: Send motion email

I am still getting notifications saying motion sensor emails from that 2nd event even though both sensors fire easily within 10s. Anything i may be missing?

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Code:
          4/19/2013 7:42:33 AM 	Device Update 	Device: Driveway Motion Sensor Sensor Binary Status set to OFF/CLOSED/NO MOTION
          4/19/2013 7:42:33 AM 	Event 	Event Trigger "Driveway Motion Sensor"
          4/19/2013 7:42:33 AM 	Event 	Waiting 0 minute(s) 10 second(s) 0 millisecond(s)
          4/19/2013 7:42:33 AM 	Device Update 	Device: Driveway Motion Sensor Sensor Binary Status set to ON/OPEN/MOTION
          4/19/2013 7:42:36 AM 	Device Update 	Device: Driveway Vehicle Sensor Binary Status set to ON/OPEN/MOTION
          4/19/2013 7:42:38 AM 	Device Update 	Device: Driveway Vehicle Sensor Binary Status set to OFF/CLOSED/NO MOTION
          4/19/2013 7:42:43 AM 	Event 	Event Trigger "Driveway Motion Sensor (No Vehicle Sensor for 1min)"
          4/19/2013 7:42:44 AM 	email 	Email successfully sent to ....

Comment

Just a guess; but maybe if you use a vehicle sensor flag and check on the flag if it is on or off before sending or not sending the 2nd email?
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I agree with Pete that you probably want to check the vehicle sensor not the PIR in the delayed event, but that doesn't seem to be the problem you are having. One thing to check is to be sure the box to check conditions is ticked in the calling event action as below.
              Attached Files
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                I agree with Pete that you probably want to check the vehicle sensor not the PIR in the delayed event, but that doesn't seem to be the problem you are having. One thing to check is to be sure the box to check conditions is ticked in the calling event action as below.
                AHHH! I think I was missing this checkbox I'll try this out and let you know... thanks guys!

EDIT: DUH and Pete was right too, in my copy/paste in tests I did select the wrong device too... *embarrassed*

-Mike

Comment

Good news Mike.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Just a followup... seems to be working great. No more false alarms, and even correctly warned us of a solicitor this weekend. High WAF on that one

-Mike

Comment

Good news Mike!

Here went to an LED style doorbell (a project in itself) and solicitors quit ringing the doorbell.

I had to tweak the whole front door bell thing where as it still rings using whatever other means I use to sense someone sitting in front of the front door. (that and just looking at the front door cams)

That though and we have "rules" that a solictor has to sign up with the HOA prior to soliciting anything; IE: we'll get an email prior to the door to door stuff or not answer the door in general.

It would be fun though to do an AI interaction with a solitor; asking questions and seeing what kind of responses I would get when solicitors talked to a computer; say like asking for a DOB, SS#, etc....you could even have fun with some biometrics (so cheap these days).
                      Last edited by Pete; April 22, 2013, 10:29 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

LCD style doorbell?
                        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Typo; LED style doorbell.

Pictures of what I wanted and what I installed.

I also went back to using the legacy doorbell; such that its a mix of legacy and newer stuff (using elk boards for debounce and alarm stuff just for the alarm panel).
                          Attached Files
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                          X