SSL Port 465 Email Support ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL Port 465 Email Support ?

I can not seem to find any information about support for Email sending by current IPS. I use Comcast, Gmail, Msn and more but can not find one that still will support non SSL email authentication.

My point is my email alerts stopped working a while back and can not seem to get it going again because it seems smtp mail providers are switching to using port 465 with ssl secure logins.

Need Help.

You will need to run STunnel which is an open source SSL wrapper. If you search for Stunnel on this board, you will get many hits.

For example, this may help for GMail: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=432
    Jon

Comment

Thanks This worked.

Now I want to know how this works and is it safe?

But really thanks it worked just as you said.

Comment

Stunnel error

jon00
        I am trying to get Homeseer (ver 2.5.0.52) to send email again, like it used to. I have installed stunnel as you suggest, along with your script, and then have run stunnel.exe. However, when I run stunnel.exe I get an errors. Stunnel says it can't start because it has an invalid stunnel.conf. Stunnel is version 4.56. I have copied your stunnel.conf to the stunnel directory.
        Homeseer gives me error 0x80040217, saying the message couldn't be sent to the SMTP server, and the server response was unavailable.
        Any help would be appreciated. Any logs you might need can be provided.
        Thanks
        Mike Aymar

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        You will need to run STunnel which is an open source SSL wrapper. If you search for Stunnel on this board, you will get many hits.

For example, this may help for GMail: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=432

Comment

I just have outlook express setup for gmail and keep it open on the server, it sends fine through that.

Comment

jon00
            OK, got it working. Thanks for posting the instructions. stunnel seems to be working just fine.
            Mike

Originally posted by mikea View Post
            jon00
            I am trying to get Homeseer (ver 2.5.0.52) to send email again, like it used to. I have installed stunnel as you suggest, along with your script, and then have run stunnel.exe. However, when I run stunnel.exe I get an errors. Stunnel says it can't start because it has an invalid stunnel.conf. Stunnel is version 4.56. I have copied your stunnel.conf to the stunnel directory.
            Homeseer gives me error 0x80040217, saying the message couldn't be sent to the SMTP server, and the server response was unavailable.
            Any help would be appreciated. Any logs you might need can be provided.
            Thanks
            Mike Aymar

Comment

Mike,
              What did you do to solve your problem with stunnel? I just installed it and it is erring complaining about the config file and I've used the default config, the config posted on HS forum and a custom config that works on another machine but I can't get it to run on my HS machine. My HS machine is WinXP SP3 with all updates.

Thanks,
              Jabran

Comment

Working...
              X