Homeseer and Zoneminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer and Zoneminder

I have been looking into zoneminder and understand that it's possible to connect Zoneminder to Homeseer using xAP protocol.
    As I'm totally new to xAP and zoneminder I'm wondering if anyone have any good resources on how to make this connection?

my goal is to be able to only send images of movement arround the house when house alarm is armed (I have DSC system integrated into homesseer).

I have been using Zoneminder for a few years now. I do have xap enabled and recently connected a CM11A and have Zoneminder now talking x10 and Xap.

I wrote a DIY about building a Zoneminder box. In the DIY I included the xap configuration and setup. Its a plug n play thing to do.

Go in baby steps and build your Zoneminder box following the DIY I wrote. Once you have it up and running then add the xAP stuff....
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      I wrote a DIY about building a Zoneminder box. In the DIY I included the xap configuration and setup. Its a plug n play thing to do.

This sounds perfect Do you happen to have a link to the DIY?
      Thanks!

Comment

Yup; was just doing that.

Personally now with HD IP stuff I would recommend a beefier computer running at 64 bits.

Today I am running still at 32 bit, one 8 port analog card, 8 IP SD and HD cams and pushing it.

The newest IP Grandstream cams that I am using lets me still connect to the analog card plus gives me multiple streaming HD stuff. (3-simultaneous streams); plus the ability to utilize SIP all in a tiny combo IP HD board that is about 5cm square. (call it an embedded computer "do all" some 5cm square).

Did a DIY using a Speco IP-67 outdoor rated dome modified such that the Grandstream IP HD board fits nicely inside of the dome using the standard little bracket that was already there. Thinking now instead of 720 HD outdoor domes, going to 1080 HD outdoor domes as the DIY price difference is really not bad (almost the same price now).

Start here:

http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....81&postcount=1
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X