How to restore HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to restore HS?

Hey guys, a dumb question here. I just finished installing my new HS server after losing my box last weekend and I am having a hard time getting HS to start up. Here is what I did:

Install Win 7
    Put on all the Updates for it
    Install drivers for my QSE and other devices
    Install HS from the website
    Copy over my HS backup that was made last weekend using BLBackup

Now when I try and start up HS I just get a screen saying Software Registration, but when I put information in and hit Submit nothing happens.

Did I miss a step here?

That should work. Are there any errors in the HomeSeer.log file? What browser did you use to register? Is the server/pc connected to the Net?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The only errors I see are a bunch that show no licence or license is expired.

I am using IE 10 to register it.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        The only errors I see are a bunch that show no licence or license is expired.

I am using IE 10 to register it.
        Several users have reported issues using IE10 due to new security settings. Also ensure you run in compatibility mode when using IE10 as well.

Comment

It exhibited the same behavior in Firefox. I am going to reload it from the latest versions that pulled from the HS site in a few minutes, make sure that the .Net framework is all fully updated then try it again. Next time I install I will open HS before I put any of my files back over it to make sure it works without my backup laid down.

Comment

OK, fresh install of .49 and upgrade to .80 and everything starts up just fine. Let's see what happens when I put my backup over top of it...

Comment

Must have been my install Rupp, when I re did it with .49 and .80 and then laid my backup over it everything seems to be working.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Working...
                X