USB-UIRT help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB-UIRT help?

Guys, after restoring my HS my USB-UIRT IR matching is no longer working. It has been quite a while since I set this up, but I believe that the process I used is as follows:

1. Add new IR code to IR Signals page
    2. Learn new code by hitting Learn then holding the button on the remote until the learner app completes
    3. Setup events based on I/R match

I am able to complete all of those steps, but then when I test I shoot IR at my UIRT, it blinks that it picked it up, but no events ever trigger.

Thoughts? Things to check?

I was engaged in World War 3 with my UIRT the other day, from what I could see (and I may be spouting complete rubbish here) sometimes it looks like it learns codes that are fractionally different in their frequencies to what they should be which prevents problems when you try and match it.

It has a photodiode to detect the frequency which I think is the reason you have to hold it close to get it to learn, try learning one command a couple of times and see if the capture frequency changes.

I believe it picks up any IR signal so the blink does not mean that the correct signal has been matched.

Comment

Yup, that was it. For future information, if you move HS to another computer you may have to re learn your USB-UIRT commands if you are doing IR Match.

Comment

Actually, you dont have to relearn them.

I moved mine from a Hometroller to a new dedicated shuttle computer just the other day and all is working fine.

The secret is to import the USB-UIRT IR codes which are stored in the registry. All you have to do is export the key on the old computer and import it on the new computer and it works great.

See this post for exact registry details. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=112662

Paul

Comment

Well now THAT is a handy tip! I still have my dead hs computers drive, so I can just pull the keys needed and import them?

Thanks Paul!

Comment

Press Key one more time?

Originally posted by chewie View Post
            Guys, after restoring my HS my USB-UIRT IR matching is no longer working. It has been quite a while since I set this up, but I believe that the process I used is as follows:

1. Add new IR code to IR Signals page
            2. Learn new code by hitting Learn then holding the button on the remote until the learner app completes
            3. Setup events based on I/R match

I am able to complete all of those steps, but then when I test I shoot IR at my UIRT, it blinks that it picked it up, but no events ever trigger.

Thoughts? Things to check?
            When I perform the above, my screen has a message, AFTER the learning is complete, that states(paraphrased) " press the button on your remote one more time if you want IR Matching"

I'm guessing but you probably have to repress the immediately after the "learning" process?????

That said I have some keys(not many) that it will not recognize after completing the process and I have no clue why.
            BobSpen

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
              When I perform the above, my screen has a message, AFTER the learning is complete, that states(paraphrased) " press the button on your remote one more time if you want IR Matching"

I'm guessing but you probably have to repress the immediately after the "learning" process?????

That said I have some keys(not many) that it will not recognize after completing the process and I have no clue why.
              BobSpen
              I have noticed that it is sometimes very difficult to press the button ONE more time as requested. Even though I press the button once quickly, it often sends more than one set of IR because of repeats and it doesnt learn correctly.

That being said, I have decided to move on from the USB-UIRT and have ordered an IRTrans device. I have read that they are better at learning codes and they can be ordered with an IR database. They have USB, Serial, LAN and Wireless interfaces and there is a plugin for HS2.

Comment

Any word on whether they will be updating to hs3? It seems that the USB uirt developer has been very slow to respond to requests on support for hs3, so if irtrans has guaranteed support ongoing I would consider making that move as well.

Comment

Working...
                X