Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows scripting to trigger HS events??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows scripting to trigger HS events??

Is it possible to trigger an HS Event from a Windows script? My ultimate goal is to use Win7 voice recognition to trigger HS Events without using the Speaker Client.

In HS Help under Tips and Tricks there's a section on controlling HS from external applications. Is that what you are looking for?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by ATEngineer View Post
      Is it possible to trigger an HS Event from a Windows script? My ultimate goal is to use Win7 voice recognition to trigger HS Events without using the Speaker Client.
      You can use the RunEvent function of tenHsServer to accomplish what you want
      tenholde

Comment

It certainly is check out Trigger Event in the HS help files.

'Trigger the event named "turn all lights on"

sub main()
        hs.TriggerEvent "turn all lights on"
        end sub
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you...all of the above!

Seems my next task is to learn how to great custom voice commands using Win7 voice recognition then connect that to the above.

Again, thanks for the info

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

Comment

Seems my next task is to learn how to great custom voice commands using Win7 voice recognition then connect that to the above.
            I'm not real sure what you were saying here but HomeSeer has built in voice recognition as well and it's part of each event you create.

Comment

I have experienced with two different machines that the HS speaker client has a long term instability problem related to voice recognition.

Specifically I installed a HomeTroller-SE for a customer with advanced MS. She has little or no hand/arm function and cannot use the mouse or keyboard. She is totally dependent on voice recognition. With this SE system, the Speaker client would repeatedly stop responding to the Attention Phrase every 24 to 48 hours. Adding to the confusion, the symptom was masked because the SE would randomly “restart” which cause the Speaker client to be shutdown and restarted on a somewhat regular basis which “masked” the long term instability because the Speaker Client was being restarted on a regular basis. Two wrongs sorta made a right.

Ultimately I replaced the SE with a Dell/Win7 box which eliminated the “restarts.” Unfortunately, I’m still seeing the same Speaker Client crashes only with a longer time period between crashes. With the Win7 machine the Speaker Client crashes once every 7 to 10 days. Where a crash is defined as either 1) the Speaker client stops responding to the Attention Phrase or 2) the client completely misinterprets almost all commands; for example “Turn off the bedroom light” is interpreted as “Unmute the living room TV” or 3) the client will not respond to a command…only silence…but when a second command is given, the client responds to both commands.

Again, as with the HomeTroller-SE all that is required to clear the problem is “restarting” the Speaker Client.

As a work around, every 5 days, I remotely login to the Win7 box and restart the Speaker Client. A brute force solution but it keeps the failures from occurring.

FYI, my client base is people living with disabilities so a “bullet proof” 24/7/365 voice recognition interface is a must.

Comment

Actually, I'm trying to do the same thing but programmatically from VB.NET.

My first attempts are disappointing though as I find that Windows 7 recognition through the SAPI engine is iffy at best ... even though I followed the speech recognition training sessions. I thought it would be much better at recognizing commands, especially with a reduced grammar set.

The problem that I'm currently having is the recognition of words or commands that are not spoken. To give an example, if I define a grammar of say three words like "red", "blue" and "yellow", the speech recognition recognizes these words very well. What it does not do well is ignore words spoken that aren't even close to sounding the same.

In my early test, I would say "home" and it would recognize yellow !! In other words, it's trying way too hard to get a match when there isn't one...

This topic is also discussed here FYI...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159850

FYI : I have the same beef against the speaker client and I have been complaining about that in another life... At which time, I was told that development/fixing of the speaker client was not to be expected..

p.s. Maybe there is way to set some kind of a threshold for recognition ?? However, I haven't found it yet...

p.p.s I may have found what I'm looking for here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...zedphrase.aspx wait and see ...
                Last edited by fran_joel; June 29, 2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

The Speaker Client will work with Win7 (at least for 7-10 days) but you need to make several changes.

Experimenting with the CFGConfidenceRejectionThreshold is critical, see post below. The file l1033.ini is a system file and you need to “take ownership” in order to make the change to the CFGConfidenceRejectionThreshold value. FYI, there are DOS commands that allow you to take ownership, I can find them again if anyone needs them. Be careful small changes in the CFGConfidenceRejectionThreshold value make a big difference. FYI, I settled on a value of 92.

Also I found that you need at least a three word attention phrase with a +sign preceding each word. Example; +Computer +Start +Listening

With these changes my client is using a full time “open mic” 24/7/365 with good results on a Dell 660, Win7 machine. She uses a head mounted Samson Concert77 wireless remote microphone. The wireless receiver is connected to a small Behringer Mixer which is connected to the “mic input” of the Dell box.

The following is from a post by DomeAdept August 7 2012.

Below is a complete copy of my l1033.ini from the c:/windows/speech/engines/SR/en-us folder.

If you use win7 x64 make sure you use %windir%\SysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\sapi.cpl as speech control panel (this is the 32bit version, since Homeseer connects to that version)

How much clipping is present in your microphone signal (you can use the windows recorder tool to record the signal)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  -lookahead 1
                  -loggbgpen -368432 // = LOG(1e-16)
                  -loggbgframepen -34464 // = 8 * LOG(.65)
                  -logsilpen -8432 // = 8 * LOG(.9)
                  -logslmip -115140 // = LOG(1e-5)
                  -logcfgip -238162 // = LOG(1e-6) - 100000
                  -bglw 1150e-2
                  -adviterbi TRUE
                  -adwindow 60
                  -adclsthreshold 1000
                  -adclsVarthreshold 3000
                  -phrate 145e-1
                  -dodisplbpt FALSE
                  -nskip 2
                  -admllrVar TRUE
                  -AdaptSil TRUE
                  -originalAccuracy TRUE
                  -adaptCI FALSE
                  -lmUserNgram TRUE
                  -lmMaxBytesTri 5000000
                  -lmMaxBytesWord 1000000
                  -lmHashBuckTri 50000
                  -lmHashBuckWord 40000
                  -lmNumWordsToLM 200
                  -tntransducer TRUE
                  -CFGConfidenceRejectionThreshold 93
                  -AdaptationOn FALSE
                  -PersistedBackgroundAdaptation FALSE
                  -ApproximateLMAFilterCoefficients "300e-2 100e-2 400e-2 100e-2 50e-2 100e-2 45e-2 100e-2 0e+0 0e+0 100e-2"
                  -backupprofile TRUE

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Check out DGRS HomeSeer Speaker Client app for Android. For $5.00 I may give it a chance this weekend

http://www.dgrshome.net/portal/homes...d-speaker.aspx

Comment

Are there any clues in the windows event viewer to see what may be going on?

Comment

Is the "windows event viewer" the same as the Event Log in HS. If not you need to educate me. I tend not to look at the HS Event Log as it seems to have the same info as the HomeSeer log file. H'mmm, is that true??

Nothing shows in the HomeSeer log file when the Speaker Client "crashes."

Again, with the above changes, VR on Win7 is a very viable option especially since my client has a very weak and inconsistent voice. With the HS system she can control the temperature of her house, open/close the front or back doors, control three speed ceiling fans, lights, TVs, DVD, VCR, etc. Imagine watching the same TV channel all day long until someone comes home and changes the channel for you. The HS system gives her control over her world. Control we just assume

I am looking into an automated approach to restarting the Speaker Cient using the Win7 "Task Scheduler" to restart the Speaker Client on a weekly and/or daily basis...say at 4:00am when the client will likely not be using the system.

FYI, I have found that reliable VR with WinXp and Vista is not possible because of problems with how XP and Vista manage the microphone input gain adjustment. Specifically it varies over time with the speakers voice and Windows can actually "turn off" the microphone if the speakers voice is too loud. I have seem that happen repeatedly on three different machines over the last 6 months.

Comment

The Event Viewer is a Windows utility. Right click on Computer, choose Manage.
                          Attached Files
                          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks, I've never explored the internals of Windows...way to scary :-)

However, now is a good time to learn. Given the response or lack of from HS I'm on my own. From varies posts I've read, voice control is just not a big or even small priority.

Daniel

Comment

Thanks, I've never explored the internals of Windows...way to scary :-)

However, now is a good time to learn. Given the response or lack of from HS I'm on my own. From varies posts I've read, voice control is just not a big or even small priority.

Daniel
                              There's not a lot HomeSeer can do, they use the VR built
                              into Windows and it's never really matured. If anything it's gone backwards as VR worked very well on XP but has degraded with each OS upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X