Yale Door lock - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yale Door lock - Solved!

Tried Homeseer phone support, and they really seemed like they knew of no problems with the Yale lock and adding it to Homeseer. Was told "its pretty straightforward" I am sensing that I am going to have to do a return on this lock, however I thought I would check with you guys. I completely reset the lock, and added it to homeseer. I get a single device with a name of ________ and an on/off button for it. The log shows the following
    7/10/2013 5:06:37 PM Z-Wave Warning Failed to add new SECURE node 138 to the network securely - device will not operate properly. 7/10/2013 5:06:37 PM Z-Wave The security device may have a timeout when adding to the network, bring the device close to HomeSeer and use the Add Node button to add it (remove it first) 7/10/2013 5:06:37 PM Z-Wave Failed to get SECURITY SCHEME from node 138. Device may not be added properly to HomeSeer. 7/10/2013 5:06:37 PM Error Z-Wave was unable to negotiate a compatible security scheme with node 138 7/10/2013 5:05:36 PM Z-Wave Negotiating SECURITY SCHEME for (138) 7/10/2013 5:05:35 PM Z-Wave Contacting node 138 to get supported features 7/10/2013 5:05:35 PM Z-Wave ********** 7/10/2013 5:05:35 PM Z-Wave ********** Adding Z-Wave Device with Node ID of 138 Type GENERIC_TYPE_ENTRY_CONTROL=40H **********Needless to say it does not work. I have the lock right next to the controller, and no dice. Im using a Z-Troller with firmware 1.15 and the latest Homeseer 6 release 2.5.8.0

If anyone can be of help with this I would sure appreciate it. I had a feeling I should have stuck with the Schlage locks, this one was much prettier though! (hand on forehead)

figured it out

I had several "new devices" that were trying to be discovered that did not exist. I suspect that they were causing the process to time out. I backed up my controller, edited the "new" devices out of the backup, and then restored it, and the lock added perfectly.

Comment

Working...
    X