Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaker client wont save config - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker client wont save config - Solved!

Had a crash, and I am rebuilding one of my remotes.

Win7 Home 64
    Installed Speaker client from download
    Set all the options IT CONNECTS FINE !
    Exit, and reboot

IT WON'T SAVE The config. Tried several times. It keeks going back to the defaults (127.0.0.0.) and connect locally.

Why won't it save the config ?

Last time I fixed this was 2 years ago, so I don't remember what I had to do...

thanks

(PS...this needs to go in the Wiki)

Bob Sisson

Are you running the speaker client as an administrator? Do you still have UAC enabled?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If you are planning to use the HS2 Speaker Client for voice recognition, reading the following thread could be helpful.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161004

If you are not using VR, don't bother.

Comment

Hum...UAC hasn't been disabled, so by inference it is enabled. I never had to run Speaker as an administrator before, or do I only need to run as administrator to get it setup?

Comment

Just wanted to know if you ever got this problem resolved, I have the same problem...?

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
            Just wanted to know if you ever got this problem resolved, I have the same problem...?
            Do you have UAC enabled if so are you running the speaker client, selecting the run as administrator option? Also are you logged in to the server as an administrator?

Comment

Thanks Rupp, that solved the init issue. I am also having issues with the connection dropping out, then auto restarting, based on the auto connect timer. This scenario fills up the log and I'm sure bogs down the network. The speaker client still works though. (speaker client running on different machine than HS2). Maybe running as admin will solve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by field888 View Post
                Thanks Rupp, that solved the init issue. I am also having issues with the connection dropping out, then auto restarting, based on the auto connect timer. This scenario fills up the log and I'm sure bogs down the network. The speaker client still works though. (speaker client running on different machine than HS2). Maybe running as admin will solve this problem.
                Hum, that sounds more like a networking issue.

Comment

Same Initial Issue. SOLVED IT!

I had the same initial issue. Had it before but forgot the fix. Done deal. I love this forum!

Comment

Working...
                  X