Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be great to have a thread just for Arduino / HS integration

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    I and others have been doing stuff with Arduinos or other micro controllers in HS for a while (to me that is what HA is all about). I did think of either creating a big project thread with simple example projects of linking them with HS...if you have anything specific I could see about creating a thread with some instructions (if I can do it myself, set myself a challenge now). With stuff like http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/9-...rn-electronics they are very inexpensive way of getting IO into HS.
    Right now my kitchen table is covered with temp probes, resistive strip level probes, Multimeters, a mega and an uno, along with some PH monitoring HW.

I'm trying to (end up with) a setup to monitor some hydroponics I'm doing in my backyard. When finished I would like to monitor water temp, air temp, PH, water level and TDS (a.k.a. conductivity) and have it all come back to HS for tracking.

I have two problems (1) I'm not a programmer (2) I only have a bit of time in the AM and a bit of time on the weekends to mess with it.

So a thread devoted to HS would be a dream come true - just not sure (as a non programmer) how much help I would be but willing to try...

Comment

This is exactly what FirmAta is all about.
      I hope there will be a plugin soon which supports the ethernet version.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
        This is exactly what FirmAta is all about.
        I hope there will be a plugin soon which supports the ethernet version.
        I did write a Firmata plugin, if it supports ethernet I may be able to look at editing the plugin if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
          Right now my kitchen table is covered with temp probes, resistive strip level probes, Multimeters, a mega and an uno, along with some PH monitoring HW.

I'm trying to (end up with) a setup to monitor some hydroponics I'm doing in my backyard. When finished I would like to monitor water temp, air temp, PH, water level and TDS (a.k.a. conductivity) and have it all come back to HS for tracking.

I have two problems (1) I'm not a programmer (2) I only have a bit of time in the AM and a bit of time on the weekends to mess with it.

So a thread devoted to HS would be a dream come true - just not sure (as a non programmer) how much help I would be but willing to try...
          Sounds an interesting project, the simplest way of doing stuff like that is just to write all of the values out of the serial port and handle the data in HS. There is a very good Arduino script (soon to be plugin I believe) by enigmatheatre that might be worth a look at. I have some time off work starting tomorrow so I might see about writing some stuff down and see if it is of any use to anyone.

Comment

@mrhappy and @norcoscia - I'm very interested in arduino monitoring, especially PH.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

PH is very easy via serial

I have the PH monitoring working via serial, my challenge is getting it to work over the ethernet shield and with HS.

I have everything but the TDS monitoring done (working one at a time) but have not run them all simultaneously (on one ardunio) or married them to the web server code (that I have running with the temp probes).

Anyway, all of the heavy lifting is done for PH - just about plug and play if you go with the HW below - assuming you already have your arduino then just add:

PH board - https://www.atlas-scientific.com/pro...bedded/ph.html

Female BNC - https://www.atlas-scientific.com/pro...nents/bnc.html

wire it up, download the code and connect your PH probe - if you don't already have a BNC PH probe they sell those as well:

https://www.atlas-scientific.com/pro...ph-sensor.html

I already had one on my current hand held PH meter so I used it.

For me it took 2 hours to get it working (after I spent a few days learning about the ardunio)

hope this helps....

Comment

Working...
              X