Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of an era ....

07/08/2013 19:28:14 - Plug-In - Shutting down X10 Plug-In: X10 CM11A/CM12U
    I finally replaced the last X-10 device I had, shut down the X10 plugin and removed the CM12 to the pile of 'bits I must get round to doing something with'. I started out with X10 and can't help but feel a bit sad that I'm retiring it. How times change

Kevin

Yes times change.

Like you I am slowly changing over from X10 to Z-Wave, although am having some z-wave problems with reliability that I did not expect, and feel a bit sad when I look at the large box of X10 modules already replaced.

A decision was taken though that the Christmas lights will remain X10 controlled, at least for the foreseeable future.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

i have x10 rock solid in my house... of course took time... but it is...

i will always have x10 as you say Goggs.. x10 for xmas is so nice.. plug module in and go.. afterwards remove...

dont be sad.. go buy some more modules.. that should make you happy!!!!
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

End of an era for sure. Have you seen X10's new website? boring. Back in the day, they were more... umm... "creative".

Remember these days? http://web.archive.org/web/200903020...m/homepage.htm They should have had Barry White sound files playing in the background.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Interesting.

Here I regressed on my Christmas decorating automation in the last couple of years mostly relating to "speed" of install and maybe my age.

I did test and use Insteon, Z-Wave and UPB over the years and "regressed" back to X-10 mostly because I wanted to install the lights quickly and use one code to turn them all on at once quickly. I did start to utilize LED lighting with one LED candle with a battery and clock circuit. It worked fine for a month but really I want to modify it a bit such that I can remote it wirelessly.

I could actually just update the outlets or add used for Christmas lighting outlets...(thinking neighbor did this and I had done this in my old home some years before moving out).

Last Christmas season I did test a wireless X10 on standing in front of my home and indeed ALL of the Christmas lighting turned on in sync (at least to my aging eyes); that was me and my endeavor though...
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            End of an era for sure. Have you seen X10's new website? boring. Back in the day, they were more... umm... "creative".

Remember these days? http://web.archive.org/web/200903020...m/homepage.htm They should have had Barry White sound files playing in the background.
            Jeez Mark, that is some link!
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I posted above before looking at the link Mark posted..

...wondering if Homeseer should utilize a similiar methodology; bet it would sell much software eh?
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

Ah, that looks familiar. Similar style to your current advertising banners Mark!
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                  Jeez Mark, that is some link!
                  Yup, but that is what their site looked like for a long time. This is from 2009.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  I posted above before looking at the link Mark posted..
                  ...wondering if Homeseer should utilize a similiar methodology; bet it would sell much software eh?
                  What would we call it?

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Ah, that looks familiar. Similar style to your current advertising banners Mark!
                  You got me... but I like to think mine are a little less slutty...
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                  X