Recommended Z-wave lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended Z-wave lock

Ok, so I bought a Z-troller about a year ago and I'd like to put it into action with a Z-wave lock. The question is, what lock do folks recommend?
    My z-troller would be right under the door in the basement which I want to control. As I have no Z-wave devices, can I just have the lock work as a standalone device? Is there recommended firmware to use?? etc. etc...

I'm running HS2 and have purchase the HS3-Pro upgrade but am in no way wanting to move to HS3 while it's in beta and I have other devices/plugins which are not yet ready. I'd like to get this going and my feet wet as HS2 support is still fresh before I decide to move.

Any help/experience would be much appreciated.

Rob
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

I have one of the Schlage lever locks and it works well with the ZTroller.
    The company I work for sells the Yale touchscreens and they work ok, however, the touchpad keypad sometimes doesnt register the 'press' well enough. I cant tell if the weather has a lot to do with it or not.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Can anyone tell me if these work well in combination with the ztroller?

Schlage BE369-619 Z-Wave Deadbolt Lock.
      or
      Kwikset 99100-013

Not having paid much attention to the Zwave wave (pun intended), can I get by with just this unit with my Ztroller litterally 5 ft below of where it will be installed within the door? I'd like to start up with Zwave slowly.

Thanks
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I dont think you would have any problems that close to the controller...
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
        X