Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some suggestions for LINE LEVEL input

Kind of over my head here....

I am trying to setup a Getner AP800. I have just installed a in wall mike and am trying to get the noise cancel function to work.

I have a whole house stereo going and I am trying to put that into the AP800 as a source to cancel. The AP800 manual says to feed it Line Level signals. I want to run the speaker output (16 Ohm) directly into the AP800. The reason for this is that I have a switch that switches from music to HomeSeer voice.

Can I simply connect the speaker output to the line level input of the AP800, or does some magic have to happen here?

Thanks.
    Don

Here's a discussion that may help.

You can also search for 'speaker level to line level converter'. They run around $30-40 though I can't figure out why they're so expensive.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post

Can I simply connect the speaker output to the line level input of the AP800, or does some magic have to happen here?

Thanks.
      NO! do not do this as this will damage the AP800 you will need to convert this down to line level with something like this

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Don,

Line level output from your stereo is something like your head phone connection. That output on your stereo system is at (or about) line level.

But if you plug in a jackplug then most of the time you loose sound on the speakers. If that's the case and if you don't mind opening the stereo then just solder some wires directly to the femal jack plug connector. This will keep the function of the connector intact. You can lead the wires outside to the AP800
        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

I use this..... I have output of pc going in cleanbox and output of cleanbox going to ap800, from ap800 to amp, from amp to speaker. You sometimes find them much cheaper. You will need additional hardware and soldering.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...ereo-converter
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thanks guys:

I am going to go to my receiver and try to use the pre outs. I need to figure a way to get the computer's soundcard output into this mess.
            Don

Comment

I am currently running TTS on two Homeseer boxes. That said I just used a line level coupler to the Russound amps to one input. I control the audio level via the sound card. I just use two different speech fonts to tell them apart; driving the wife nuts though.

Initially though was considering a "professional " audio mixing board (or box?); simple used for by DJ's and reasonably priced today.

My concern though is the more I put between the audio out of the computer and the input of the amplifier; the more of a chance that some odd noise is picked up. You can though do it with optical digital connections today too to eliminate some noise.

Aside from the Russound amps I still have in place an older amp which switches the line in from one to another using the audio itself. It works but its not perfect and fast enough for me. That plus still have the older AB8SS audio speaker switcher in the mix of things. Its odd but have a whole section dedicated to sound now with stacked "do what" amps all different with similiar functions.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X