Alarm not received from FortrezZ WWA-02AA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm not received from FortrezZ WWA-02AA

I recently added a new FortrezZ WWA-02AA to my ZWave network. Version info is: 2.97 (ZDK Version 4.51) App: 1.12

It appears as if Homeseer (HS2 Pro 2.5.0.81) is either not receiving or recognizing the alarms. The battery and temperature notifications are received OK. The device type for the alarm is Z-Wave Alarm V2.

Anyone else have this issue and/or know how to get this working?

ALARM_V2

I too have added a FortrezZ WWA-02 sensor without seeing a child for water.
    Have removed and added to Zwave after latest version of HS3.

Here is relative lines from the log after triggering the water sensors and seeing the light blink twice:

Z-Wave Error
    Node Change Event for Node 5 on Network 014D023B, CC=COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM_V2 but no valid devices were found.
    Z-Wave
    2 out of 3 Child devices of node 5 were created successfully.
    Node: 5 Supports Class(es): ALARM_V2, CONFIGURATION_V2, ASSOCIATION_V2, BATTERY, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, SENSOR_MULTILEVEL, WAKE_UP_V2, VERSION_V2

Can I trigger an event from the COMMAND_CLASS_ALARM_V2 in the log?
    Attached Files

Comment

These sensors are real finicky about being kept awake. It's possible in both cases that the water leak sensor child is not loading and/or not loading fully. In case you've not already done this, hold your sensor within 3-4 ft of your Controller, click the button every 2 seconds and hold for 1 second, from the HS Device Root Screen click on Rescan, check the log to see it completed ok, click on Association and verify HS is listed, Full Optimize once. If you stop clicking the button the whole time the process won't work, or at least it doesn't for me. If all is good, the water sensor child is there and a damp cloth under the sensor causes the alarm to show up in HS, then you're all set and can put the sensor in its final location and Full Optimize 4 times.
      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

no third child for water sensing

I tried all you said:
        no joy...
        then removed the node and re-added - came back with a new node number but still acts the same. Log says created 2 of 3 child devices.
        Could this unit be defective? Is there a better water sensor for Zwave to look at?

Comment

Edit: I just read you have HS3. That could be a little different, as I'm on HS2 still. Suggest you repost in the HS3 Forum to see if you get any targeted feedback from experienced HS3 folks. You can also check Bugzilla for any already existing requests about your issue and, if not, you can add yours...

I usually manage to get these sensors' children all added successfully by trying various button press sequences until I find the magic combination of press/hold/release/wait/repeat. I find it's a slightly different sequence for each of my FortrezZ sensors, but it works in the end - and yes, it's a PITA. Sure, your sensor could be defective, so I agree you should definitely see if the Vendor will swap it for you.
          Not knocking FortrezZ, as I think they're a good company with great products and support, but I also use Everspring ST812: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Ever...-P1086C57.aspx I find these easier to add as once powered they are awake for long enough to get the add/import/scan/4x full optimize all done successfully before they go to sleep. I never need to use the button press/keep awake method with these, I just remove/add back power. However I don't like that there's no 'heartbeat' like the FortrezZ that sends regular temperature and battery updates. My ST812's rarely even fed back that they had low battery - now though I'm getting around to converting them to wallwart power so low battery is no longer an issue.
          All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

water sensor

thanks for the info:
            just ordered one, will use the fortrezZ for temp sensing in another location

Comment

Trouble pairing ST812

Is there some "trick" to how to press the button three times??

I have three of these units and only have managed to get one to pair to a z-troller.

The z-troller just scans, and the device beeps as it should. Thanks!

Comment

No trick just three quick pushes. You may want to try to add these with the Z-Troller attached to the HS server and use the include node functionality from within HS. This process works best for battery operated devices.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...68&postcount=3
                  The 3-clicks isn't always the magic combination for these sensors. Have you tried the click and hold method per above (2 sec on, 1 sec off?) Sometimes you just have to get creative until you find the right click combination/timing!

Comment

Working...
                  X