Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial Port Redirector

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a free serial port to TCP/IP redirector. What i would like to do is to have a Serial port server running on my windows 7 machine with my pager receiver, so that the server can redirect the serial messages to both the local Windows 7 machine (with HS2) but also to another remote windows 7 machine (with HS3 installed), The serial port only sends out information (e.g. both clients don't need to send to the serial port, only receive from it).

I would appreciate any tips you could provide on useful software that might do something like this?

Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Re: Serial Port Redirector

32 or 64 bit?

I use one now and its free for 32 but not for 64 due to some Microsoft licensing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Either way, here's the software.

Very flexible of how u want to set it up.

http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html

PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Sorry I had not replies, had been back and forth to the forums but not had the chance to look at all posts. Thanks for the tip, I will have a look at the software. In my case the machine is 64 bits, I do run the VSP serial redirect or for a physical serial to IP device, but have never used a computer as a virtual serial device (e.g. The computer becomes the server) so should be interesting.
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Did it work for you?

Their website says " TcpServer and TcpClient devices now supports COM port read-only and COM port write-only modes". This software seems too have much more than I would ever need of it but I'm no expert.

Comment

If you ever get it working can you please post results. I need some thing like that for my Troller .
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Charliwayne, is it working for you? Do you have to download sofware for both pc ? Is it easy to installl?
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The software is free for 32 bit and cost 20-30 dollars for 64bit BUT you don't have to pay for trial use. With the 64 bit version it will remind you that its a paid version upon start up and only once you acknowledge that will the program start. If you don't pay then it won't be functional if you include it in the boot or start up file.

I use this in its simplest terms, so I can't comment on what you guys are trying to accomplish. But once I out do all your config and settings, you then need to Save a file to let's say your desktop. You then copy that saved file into your windows start up file so the program will start on its own during boot up.

It cost nothing to trial so start there.

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

This is what I need. Maybe ths is not for me but maybe you can direct me. I have HS2 in pc running the home. At the same time I am preparing in a Hometroller HS3. I need to connect the serial inputs from my pc to the Hometroller to configure it so that I can have the same config as my actual setup, but I don't want to disconnect and connector cables for testing, because I want my actual setup to keep on working while I setup HS3.

PS: what part of S. Florida do u live?
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hello Hector.

Yes I do believe that the software can share or/split com ports.

But I don't have any experience with the hometroller so I am clueless on that device. I would think the software would have to be installed on the troller and configured as a client to receive the data from your PC server config.

I sent u a pm re: where I am.

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I sent u a message with my contact num. Did u get it??
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                      X