Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry , just off the LED topic.

Recently , I got a customer who want to monitor 8 to 10 channel 's temperature and humidity , say they have 8 to 10 room need to monitor.
    If temperature and humidity too high , will trigger a Homeseer event.
    Then will send a e-mail to SMS for warning.

I just want to ask all expert in here , is that have a existing hardware can make it work with Homeseer plug-in ?

I found a hardware in China , with 16 Channel input , i read the document and protocol , I can write a HS plug-in for it. But if it already have a similar hardware that have HS plug-in , then I don't need to waste time on the plug-in development.
    For sure , need to consider the price. I found that hardware for 16 channel input , price is very very reasonable. It support TTL , RS232 or RS485 output and protocol is ModBus . So that I can make it access by Wifi or Lan via TTL to Lan \ Wifi module. Or just direct connect to HS's serial port instead.
    This is the PCB only version , they also have another version with a case.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      Personally here thought that Geary just pulled out the LED power feed plug to test it. That said it appears that with the plug not entirely fitted in.

Gary can you test the pins that go into the plug being really careful not to short anything out? (IE: remove the plug and test the pins carefully?).
      yeah, you are both right... too lazy to put all the way back in..

Kevin. sorry didn't show power side, cropped to enlarge and still be able to upload.. Positive is to V+, checked w/ multimeter

will post pic tonite
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
        Sorry , just off the LED topic.

Recently , I got a customer who want to monitor 8 to 10 channel 's temperature and humidity , say they have 8 to 10 room need to monitor.
        If temperature and humidity too high , will trigger a Homeseer event.
        Then will send a e-mail to SMS for warning.

I just want to ask all expert in here , is that have a existing hardware can make it work with Homeseer plug-in ?

I found a hardware in China , with 16 Channel input , i read the document and protocol , I can write a HS plug-in for it. But if it already have a similar hardware that have HS plug-in , then I don't need to waste time on the plug-in development.
        For sure , need to consider the price. I found that hardware for 16 channel input , price is very very reasonable. It support TTL , RS232 or RS485 output and protocol is ModBus . So that I can make it access by Wifi or Lan via TTL to Lan \ Wifi module. Or just direct connect to HS's serial port instead.
        I would suggest checking out the Ultra1Wire plugin from UltraJones. I monitor the temperature in each room of my house and the overall cost is somewhat reasonable. I only do temperature, so the actual sensors are only a couple of dollars, but the 1Wire Controller and junction boxes are relatively costly.

I do think the joint temp/humidity sensors are a lot more money than the temp sensors alone though.

This is a link to the plugin author's setup, mine is fairly similar.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141980

This is where I got the controller (HA7Net) and junction boxes (JB6)
        http://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/

The plugin is top notch - especially with all of the graphing capabilities that he has added.

Comment

I found a hardware in China , with 16 Channel input , I read the document and protocol , I can write a HS plug-in for it. But if it already have a similar hardware that have HS plug-in , then I don't need to waste time on the plug-in development.

Very nice Kevin! Please start a new topic; this is great stuff.

Here too I am into utilizing 1-wire stuff. That said I am using multiple devices and multiple sensors on multiple 1-wire networks.

Here using Temp0X boards; Maxim 9097's and two port 9097 to USB device that I got from China. It came in a package of sorts with two temperature probles and audio three lead shielded cable extenstions.

That said I am using first gen AAG, Hobby boards Combo and Midon combo temperature and humidity sensors. The three are a bit different. The smallest is the first gen AAG and it still is working fine after some 15 years or more.

Aside from the temperature and humidity sensors I also have numerous other 1-wire devices that I use for this or for that.

My configuration is still in a star shaped topology and I used cat5X for every sensor punching down the leads to punch panels.

That said I have either temperature or temperature/humidity 1-wire sensors in every room in the current home.

I thought initially your picture was just an AD device.

Have a quick read to attached informational document and here:

http://www.jon00.me.uk/onewireintro.shtml

http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-n...dex.mvp/id/148

http://www.power-home.com/download/1-wire_docum.pdf

I like the new 1-wire trend and standards relating to voltages on certain pins of a regular 8 wire catXX cable and use of RJ-45's instead of RJ-11/12's.

IE: Thinking my combo temperature sensors are using two voltages.

Ideally a base device utilizing newer standard of RJ-45, Hub- like, multivoltage inputs, RS-232 Stock connection and optional wired network or wireless connection would be a neato thing.

Cat5 Wiring

When running a 1-Wire bus, Dallas recommend that you use an unshielded Cat5 cable for the bus. Do not use shielded cable as the capacitance increase will upset the network.

If you intend to have a large 1-Wire network, it is important that you design the network correctly, otherwise you will have problems with timing/reflection issues and loss of data. You must connect each sensor to a single continuous cable which loops from sensor to sensor in turn (daisy chain). This will reduce potential mis-reads due to reflections in the cable. Each sensor should have a maximum of 50mm (2") of cable connected off this main network. Even when using this method, connecting more than 10-15 sensors will still cause problems due to loading of the data bus. To minimise this effect, place a 100-120Ω resistor in series in the data line of each sensor before connecting to the network.

In the UK we have kind of standardised on 568B wiring of Cat5 cables. All of the cables used are wired 'straight through', so the actually colour of wires between the pins is not hugely important.
          http://www.dreamgreenhouse.com/desig...wire/index.php
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; January 29, 2014, 04:43 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

KEVIN... OK really weird.. updated the software and as I watched, the leds went red

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
              , if you want to look what inside ? See attachment. For v1.1 PCB , I just move the MCU reset switch location.
              I didn't make a lead out pin for TTL , 3.3V and Gnd. I think I can add this in the next batch of PCB.

For the LED , I can't find a better method , unless I use a cable to lead out from PCB to the case. But after consult with factory , they prefer to direct solder the LED from PCB , just blind one time for assemble. Since I don't think user will pull them out very often.
              It is just an old habit of mine that everything new gets taken apart ...I think the LED is OK, the only other thing would be something like a light pipe (like this http://img.directindustry.com/images...76-3553403.jpg) and mounting the LED on the board but really no one should be have the need to be taking it apart anyway so it is probably additional effort and complexity.

Comment

if you want to look what inside ? See attachment. For v1.1 PCB , I just move the MCU reset switch location.
                I didn't make a lead out pin for TTL , 3.3V and Gnd. I think I can add this in the next batch of PCB.
                Thank-you Kevin. Looking to solder and connect an Ethernet board inside of the case.

What pins would you recommend utilizing?

JP3 or can I just get an ethernet card that fits on U2 on current board? Solder on to the TTL pins inside already present?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

OK, got Kevin remote access into my box. and in just a few
                  WA LA !!! all problems are gone !!

KEVIN.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

Great Product, beyond the best support !

Geary

Comment

Thank-you Kevin. Looking to solder and connect an Ethernet board inside of the case.

What pins would you recommend utilizing?

JP3 or can I just get an ethernet card that fits on U2 on current board? Solder on to the TTL pins inside already present?
                    There is no TTL pin on JP3.
                    You can look into U2 . 3.3V , GND , TXD , RXD , you should use this 4 pins.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      It is just an old habit of mine that everything new gets taken apart ...I think the LED is OK, the only other thing would be something like a light pipe (like this http://img.directindustry.com/images...76-3553403.jpg) and mounting the LED on the board but really no one should be have the need to be taking it apart anyway so it is probably additional effort and complexity.
                      I try to use this one before. But very difficult to find a prefect fit. I got some , just too high or too short 0.5mm , already cannot push into the case. So I give up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank-you Kevin.

I then utilized the two PHY_TX+ and PHY_RX+ pints for RX & TX eh?

I didn't use Pin 11 to pin 14. That have another function for extend the Ethernet port. But I test that function , not good enough. So I give up the wireless module 's Ethernet function.
                        So pins 11-14 on the board will not work for an ethernet connection? Are the pins currently disabled via firmware?

Can I use this one for my TTL to ethernet connection?

Attached Files
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

How is the new volume plug in coming Kevin

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
                          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Thank-you Kevin.

I then utilized the two PHY_TX+ and PHY_RX+ pints for RX & TX eh?

So pins 11-14 on the board will not work for an ethernet connection? Are the pins currently disabled via firmware?

Can I use this one for my TTL to ethernet connection?

The pin you should use is UART_TXD , UART_RXD , 3.3V and Gnd

That one is not the TTL to Ethernet adapter.
                            I use this one :
                            http://en.usr.cn/Ethernet-Module-T24...-tcp-ip-module

Since the Wifi module is 3.3V , so you need to looking for a TTL to Ethernet adapter that is 3.3V. The USR one , can be 3.3 and 5v input.

Comment

Thank-you Kevin!
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                                How is the new volume plug in coming Kevin

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
                                Ken , here you go.
                                Just a beta version , i just make some fast coding.
                                Now only support one controller and it will save the settings when you exit the program.
                                This plug-in will blind to the Windows Volume Control. So it should work on media player , iTune ..etc etc
                                And this plug-in will continue stream the data to the controller , when you don't use it , please exit the program.

Don't forget to set your controller's Fade Rate to 1 and get the better result.

Just extract the zip file , run the exe and the dll must be in the same directory.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X