Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
    For HS3 plug-in , there is no INI file need to be config. The audio DLL only will call when you press the Audio control button. If you don't press it , it will not have any problem for the plug-in.

Thanks
    Then how do I tell the HS3 plugin the ip address of the rgb led wifi controller?
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
      Then how do I tell the HS3 plugin the ip address of the rgb led wifi controller?
      When you start the plug-in , it will create a device for you. You can config the IP on that device.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. Works now.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

scripting K-Lo's wifi rgb controller in HS3:

Is there a script showing how to call HS3 version of the Kevin Lo plugin for the wifi rgb controller? [This would be much simpler to write if it was in its own thread]

I cannot find the HS3 script reference and with the plugin scripting interface being so different, my old vb.net scripts do not work without modifications. Knowing how to modify by example would save much time.

For example, in the vb.net scripting reference it is now hs.PluginFunction("plugin name", "instance name", "Function name", array of parameters)
          I do not know what the plugin is called, or whether it is a multi-instance plugin, what functions are available, and what parameter configuration is expected.

I can make guesses, but it would be better to be told.
          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Is there a script showing how to call HS3 version of the Kevin Lo plugin for the wifi rgb controller? [This would be much simpler to write if it was in its own thread]

I cannot find the HS3 script reference and with the plugin scripting interface being so different, my old vb.net scripts do not work without modifications. Knowing how to modify by example would save much time.

For example, in the vb.net scripting reference it is now hs.PluginFunction("plugin name", "instance name", "Function name", array of parameters)
            I do not know what the plugin is called, or whether it is a multi-instance plugin, what functions are available, and what parameter configuration is expected.

I can make guesses, but it would be better to be told.

Here you go.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Kevin Lo; March 18, 2014, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Kevin.. any news on a new release

1) remove need for external software
              2) have both RGB and Music in same group

??

Geary
              Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                Here you go.

On page 2, I have :

Homeseer Script API :

-and nothing else-
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Hey guys, just jumping in here. 3 questions.

First, is there a version of this for HS2?
                  Second, has anyone found the best setting for RGBW to emulate incandescent? Meaning 2700K?
                  And Third (Lazy question), is there a link to the download of this so I do not have to go through the whole thread?

Thanks in advance guys, and thanks a lot for building this! I am pumped to get started with it.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
                    Hey guys, just jumping in here. 3 questions.

First, is there a version of this for HS2?
                    Second, has anyone found the best setting for RGBW to emulate incandescent? Meaning 2700K?
                    And Third (Lazy question), is there a link to the download of this so I do not have to go through the whole thread?

Thanks in advance guys, and thanks a lot for building this! I am pumped to get started with it.
                    yes.. started as HS2, see start of thread
                    no.. depends on LED selected
                    sorry... I'm lazy too

Comment

Lol, thanks!

In other news, it turns out that actually reading some of the thread is a very good thing, I was thinking this was just a plugin for LED lights in general, but it is specific to the Wifi controller Kevin makes, so it does not help me in putting something together to control my Fibaro RGBW Z-Wave controllers. Although, if I run into issues with them I will come back and check these out!

Comment

On page 2, I have :

Homeseer Script API :

-and nothing else-
                        Sorry sorry , I attach the wrong file. Please download it again.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                          yes.. started as HS2, see start of thread
                          no.. depends on LED selected
                          sorry... I'm lazy too
                          http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...=162070&page=6

Comment

of course... wife loves the backlight on the tv,,, and it failed... I now have red only spot direct center of string... Contacted mfg to see options. Cost is not the issue, install is a pain

Comment

Kevin, How about an expanded version of your hardware and software to support RGBW strips? A 4th channel is needed.

Comment

Kevin.. are you still with us ?? Looking for a final release of the software

Comment

Working...
                                X