Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    This is for 12V LED Strips?
    Yes. Supports 12V and 24V output and uses PWM dimming.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Sorry I am confused

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
      but it's not really what I'm looking for. I need to control 12V LED strips.
      The WiFi LED Controller is for this.

Yes. Supports 12V and 24V output and uses PWM dimming.
      Both the WiFi LED Controller and the Fibro do this.

other than the inputs is the WiFi LED Controller not the same thing?
      I know Zwave would be better but I thought I would point out an alternative product if they are not available in your location.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Greig, if the Wifi controller does control 12V strips, I'm at a loss to find documentation on it.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...84&postcount=1

This post from Jon describes its use. My understanding (and I have looked at the manufacturer's page as well) is that this is a WiFi gateway to RF controlled (Zigbee IIRC) light bulbs. What I need is a wireless controller that is directly attached to 12V strip lights.

If you can point me to some information on doing what I've described I will take a look. I'm open to any suggestions but in my initial research I didn't see any possibilities with this controller.
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Ok, looking at the ebay listing you posted, it looks like that will control strips. But it seems to be infrared control only?

Comment

You would need the Wi-Fi controller as well.

Here is an example: http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...wifi-con/1444/ (click on the links on the overview page to see all items including the RGB strip controller).

With the Wi-Fi Bulbs, the strip controller is effectively within the bulb itself.
            Jon

Comment

Ok, looking at the ebay listing you posted, it looks like that will control strips. But it seems to be infrared control only?
              I think Jon00 has explained it better than me.
              You would need the Wi-Fi controller as well as an rgb strip controller like the one on ebay. It is not infra red it is 2.4g and homeseer would talk to the wifi controller that then controls the strip driver.

I think I may get one to try it out. The lamps are great and I now have the RGBW version

Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Re: Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

I'm a long was off before we start reno on our Lanai, but some form of lighting system on the cage would be nice. Even more if it was LED RGB but I fear the material cost at 15-20 foot.

Here's another system and really all that makes this system special is the C channel to hide all the wiring.

http://www.nebulalighting.com/produc...ht_system.html

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk 2
                HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

ok, I understand how these devices work now. WiFi -> proprietary RF -> controller. Makes sense. I see that the remote included with the strip controllers says it has 100 foot range. Any idea what the indoor range is from the WiFi repeater to the controllers?

Comment

Any advancement on this.

Lately I've been looking more and more at products directly from china as the price makes projects such as this more appealing.

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk
                    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Still searching for the right combination of flexibility, wireless range, and cost. Not an easy combo since the embedded WiFi, bluetooth, and Xbee modules out there tend to be pretty expensive. Most have some sort of microcontroller and digital I/O built in, but I haven't yet found one that has 3 or more PWM outputs required to drive RGB LEDs, so it drives the cost up more having to add a second microcontroller or driver circuitry.

Comment

Just cruzing through some listings I found this.

Pretty much I am lost when it comes to the software and plugin interface.

Not sure if you would be able to access their Android plugin to see code or what have ya.

Maybe even they would assist in questions if we were to ask.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/13...dressable.html

Edit: What I see makes this unit different is that it has WiFi so I will guess the device would get assigned an IP on your LAN. If so then this would reduce the cost of additional hardware assuming a Plugin could communicate with it directly.

Comment

My 1st Wifi RGB LED Controller

I've got the same interesting issue last year.
                          And then I try to search on the internet. But I can't find any controller can fit my request. Most of Wifi RGB controller that sold on Alibaba , those are fix SSID. That mean it can only join it's Wifi network and cannot join my existing Wifi network. And they didn't provide any API or communication protocol to public. And most of it is control by IR controller , I need another Wifi base IR controller to control it , if I want to interface with Homeseer.

For my another concern is how to integrate with PLCBUS or X10 system. Since X10 or PLCBUS didn't have RGB controller , so I also consider how to integrate into PLCBUS or X10 system and make my old X10 controller can control the RGB LED.
                          Finally , I try to build my Wifi RGB controller. I build my PCB and write my own firmware.
                          First I build my controller in breadboard and control it via VB program. See here :
                          1st breadboard for control RGB LED stripe.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Bb_KnrrJk

Sample PCB for control 3 channel of MR16 DC12V LED Spot Light
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUFor...kgrY0ZQKPAVDsA

Then I find someone help me to make a PCB. Now the engineer sample already come out. I find a case for fit my PCB. Right side's cover is fit my PCB , but the left side cover need to ask factory for tailor made it.
                          See attach photo.
                          I build this controller with TWO RJ11 port. One is for interface with X10 or PLCBUS TTL interface. Another RJ11 is TTL interface. Without Wifi module , still can control it by USB or RS232 via TTL-RS232\USB converter cable.

If you connect with X10 or PLCBUS TTL interface , it have map to 4 X10 address for individual control RGB and All color.
                          For example :
                          Red = A1
                          Green = A2
                          Blue = A3
                          RGB = A4
                          If you send A1 ON by any X10 controller , Red will turn ON.
                          If you send A1 ON by any X10 controller , RGB will turn ON.

And also , it have another 4 X10 address represent 8 preset RGB color.
                          For example :
                          RGB(255,128,0) = B1 ON
                          RGB(128,0,128) = B1 OFF
                          So , if you send a B1 ON , then RGB will change to your preset RGB color.
                          I make this function for backward compatible with existing X10 or PLCBUS system.

For full control of RGB LED controller communication , please take a look into the attach PDF.

For the main feature of this controller :
                          - Support 12V or 24V LED
                          - PWM dimming control for LED , I test it by some MR16 DC12V LED spot light. It work prefect. Even that is just US$5 MR16 cheap cheap LED , can still make it prefect dim without flicker.
                          - Fade rate control
                          - Remember last dim level
                          - RGB , 3 channel individual control
                          - X10 \ PLCBUS compatible

I want to make a plug-in with Homeseer , but don't know how to make it.
                          Now I just use a simple VB script for open a port of IP address and send the command out for control the LED. Can anyone help on it ?

And I also want to invite few "tester" for test the controller. Did anyone interesting it (Pls PM to me) ?

Thanks
                          Kevin Lo
                          http://www.x10.hk
                          Attached Files

Comment

Real nice unit Kevin, do you have an expected price for it? Doubtful I am going to be writing any more HS plugins so I can't help you there but I would be interested in the device itself.

Comment

Very nice Kevin!

I am interested too as I prefer the "wire" to the "wireless" serial means of transport and control; old fashioned I guess.

For X-10 / Homeseer control you don't need a plugin; you can utilize the X10 control already available.

Lately here I have regressed (?) a bit to using X10 to and from for a few things lately using XTB stuff and still using older CM11a's.

Serial talks on the network just fine with current wintel or linux drivers such that you do not need anything special.
                              - Pete

Auto mator
                              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Finnaly someone build a LED driver compatibel with X10

Kevin,

You really make the unit I'm (and a lot of people) looking for a long time now. I searched a lot for X10 compatible LED drivers and even send mails to factories like Marmitek etc to ask for the solution you build. With that X10 TTL (XM10) interface there is no need for extra plugins in HomeSeer.

Does this also do soft start/stop when you send on/off commands?
                                And when you switch presets will it fade smoothly on (all) the channels to there new values?

Will you also ship to Europe, The Netherlands?

Regards
                                Last edited by vasco; November 1, 2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X