Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    Any word on a new release yet Kevin I like the audio control can we possibly see this for the Hs2 plugin as well

Cheers Ken
    Very busy last week. Hope next week will continue and release the new version for HS3 with Audio Control and Mode Control. Now only work on HS3.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• kenrad
    replied
    Any word on a new release yet Kevin I like the audio control can we possibly see this for the Hs2 plugin as well

Cheers Ken

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    Kevin.. how is the next software release coming ??

Leave a comment:

• beerygaz
    replied
    Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    mrhappy,

I can't get your plugin to install,

I get the following error

1/17/2014 5:49:05 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): RGB Controller Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

let me know how to fix thanks

Cheers Ken
    Ken, are you running RFXCOM too by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Kevin,

Still trying to have Homeseer create a new section under automation called 1-Wire as there are many folks today using 1-wire for automation. This is a bit more than just temperature and humidity stuff. That said though we really should have a separate section here on Homeseer.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by scott12v View Post
    This sounds perfect!

Question on how this works. Will Homeseer continually send commands to the iSmart device based on the above settings, or will it just send the commands one time and iSmart will continue running in that mode until another command is sent?

If Homeseer is continually sending the commands, I'd have a concern that other activity on Homeseer could cause variations in the speed of sending commands to the iSmart device.

Thanks for all of your work!
    I think finally result will be like this :
    when you enter "Music Mode" , it will continually sending the commands to the iSmart device.
    But once receive any control command by HSTouch / Device Status Page / Script , it will stop the Music Mode and execute the command.

For "Scenes Mode" , that should be handle by the timer , but once receive any control command , will also stop the timer and execute the new command.

But I am thinking how to make it work on multi-controller smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• scott12v
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
    Scott , I am think about how to add a scenes or call "Mode"
    In my idea , I will create one more device call "Music Mode" , that I already done on above post.
    And I will create another device call "Mode" , it will have 10 buttons , say Mode 1 to Mode 10.

When you press the Mode 1 button , may be is Red and Green and Blue change every 2 seconds.
    But I don't want to hard code the mode button. So the user can define the mode content in the text file , then I read into my plug-in.

For example :
    [Mode1]
    Seq=3
    1=255,0,0
    2=0,255,0
    3=0,0,255
    Interval=2000
    Fade=1

So , will change your define color every 2 seconds and loop. And color will change immediately without fade in fade out function.
    This sounds perfect!

Question on how this works. Will Homeseer continually send commands to the iSmart device based on the above settings, or will it just send the commands one time and iSmart will continue running in that mode until another command is sent?

If Homeseer is continually sending the commands, I'd have a concern that other activity on Homeseer could cause variations in the speed of sending commands to the iSmart device.

Thanks for all of your work!

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    In my idea , I will create one more device call "Music Mode" , that I already done on above post.
    And I will create another device call "Mode" , it will have 10 buttons , say Mode 1 to Mode 10.

When you press the Mode 1 button , may be is Red and Green and Blue change every 2 seconds.
    But I don't want to hard code the mode button. So the user can define the mode content in the text file , then I read into my plug-in.

For example :
    [Mode1]
    Seq=3
    1=255,0,0
    2=0,255,0
    3=0,0,255
    Interval=2000
    Fade=1

So , will change your define color every 2 seconds and loop. And color will change immediately without fade in fade out function.

GREAT Kevin.. keep the software improvements coming !!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by misraels View Post
    My existing strip is rgb, and am torn between putting rgb or just plain white under kitchen cabinets.
    The controller can control three individual Plain White LED stripe or one RGB LED stripe.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    This looks pretty cool, was hoping to avoid x10/plc, and hoping for hs3.

Can i control this from hs3 yet? and if so can it control the wifi or ethernet version to avoid x10/plc?
    X10/PLC is just a option. If you control by Wifi or Ethernet , you can ignore the X10 / PLC option.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by scott12v View Post

Usability - Some of these will probably be a little bit tough to implement, but will take the plugin from a cool gadget to show my friends to a very usable and integral part of my HS setup

I'm not sure if you can do the scene idea directly within Homeseer or if you'd need some sort of application running in the background to implement....but hopefully it is something that could be done! Looking forward to see whether others have the same request.

Thanks!
    Scott

For example :
    [Mode1]
    Seq=3
    1=255,0,0
    2=0,255,0
    3=0,0,255
    Interval=2000
    Fade=1

Leave a comment:

• misraels
    replied
    Your existing LED stripe is RGB or Mono color ?
    My existing strip is rgb, and am torn between putting rgb or just plain white under kitchen cabinets.

Leave a comment:

• misraels
    replied
    This looks pretty cool, was hoping to avoid x10/plc, and hoping for hs3.

Can i control this from hs3 yet? and if so can it control the wifi or ethernet version to avoid x10/plc?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    I have been watching this thread for some time, is the hardware available for purchase yet, what lighting does it specifically connect to, and is the latest version of the plugin the posted in this thread?

I have some 12v led strip lighting that would be nice to automate...and if that works out I'd like to think about adding more, but just not completely sure if this is available and ready for release yet.
    Yes , hardware are ready.
    You can take a look on my on-line store.
    HS2 , HS3 and Audio plug-in are also available. (After finish the Audio Function , will study how to submit the Plug-in to the HS3 updater)

General User Manual :
    http://www.x10-hk.com/store/download...ser_Manual.pdf

Audio Plug-in : (This is the separate program , later will merge into HS3 plug-in)
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...162070&page=12

HS3 Plug-in v1.0.0.0 :
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...=162070&page=9

There is no special request on the LED stripe or MR16 LED spot light.
    It support DC12V and DC24V LED stripe.
    Your existing LED stripe is RGB or Mono color ?

Leave a comment:

• scott12v
    replied
    Work in progress.
    This will be great!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X