Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• misraels
    replied
    I have been watching this thread for some time, is the hardware available for purchase yet, what lighting does it specifically connect to, and is the latest version of the plugin the posted in this thread?

I have some 12v led strip lighting that would be nice to automate...and if that works out I'd like to think about adding more, but just not completely sure if this is available and ready for release yet.

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    Thanks !... you are the best. HIGH WAF !

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    Kevin.. are you going to intergrate the music option into the plug-in ?
    i am setting up events that set the color to match my HUE lighting, would love to be able to have an event select music mode, set audio capture, and start I-Tunes
    Work in progress.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by gearyt View Post
    i am setting up events that set the color to match my HUE lighting, would love to be able to have an event select music mode, set audio capture, and start I-Tunes
    Let me study , see is that possible to integrate into the HS3 plug-in.

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Very nice Kevin!

Personally I would suggesting moving the post relating to 1-wire stuff over here.....

Not here yet but.....I've requested a new section called "1-wire" under the section called "Automation Protocal support".

Thinking this might be the best place for it unless someone suggests something else.

There is two way communications to 1-wire devices and means of automation using just 1-wire devices; IE: its much more than temperature and humidity sensors. IE: relays for one. I measure water flow using one dual counter connected to two water meters.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=915
    Last edited by Pete; February 6, 2014, 08:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by scott12v View Post
    I would suggest checking out the Ultra1Wire plugin from UltraJones. I monitor the temperature in each room of my house and the overall cost is somewhat reasonable. I only do temperature, so the actual sensors are only a couple of dollars, but the 1Wire Controller and junction boxes are relatively costly.

I do think the joint temp/humidity sensors are a lot more money than the temp sensors alone though.

This is a link to the plugin author's setup, mine is fairly similar.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141980

This is where I got the controller (HA7Net) and junction boxes (JB6)
    http://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/

The plugin is top notch - especially with all of the graphing capabilities that he has added.
    Finally I spend few days for write the plug-in for the 16 channel PCB for monitor Temperature and Humidity.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
    ohhhhhhhh...

so I don't need the others, it is just an alternative way !

Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• huggy_d1
    replied
    Maybe try this:

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/rgb-to-hsl.htm

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    ok, i think my mind has gone south.. not being an expert at RGB i hope this isn't a dumb post

Have my installation up and running... starting to make events to control color and match up with my HUE lighting..

I see the plug-in gives me R G and B settings, but not SAT or Bright or HUE ?
    what am I missing in the fine print
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• scott12v
    replied
    Hi Kevin,

Everything works great! I have to say that the quality of the controller is top-notch and your level of support is excellent - both your responses here as well as how quickly you were able to get this from an initial prototype to a marketable product! I'm looking forward to whatever neat ideas you come up with next.

I didn't have any issue getting the controller up and running with HS3...It seems very responsive. I had the plug in crash once, but can't reproduce it, so I think its all good.

I do have some suggestions for you...these are definitely NOT criticisms, so please don't take it that way...just some ideas to try and help make your product better! The more customers you get, the more likely it is that you make cool new products for us

General

Hardware
    • When sending out the Ethernet version, make DHCP the default connection method

Usability - Some of these will probably be a little bit tough to implement, but will take the plugin from a cool gadget to show my friends to a very usable and integral part of my HS setup

I'm not sure if you can do the scene idea directly within Homeseer or if you'd need some sort of application running in the background to implement....but hopefully it is something that could be done! Looking forward to see whether others have the same request.

Thanks!
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• scott12v
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
    Scott , sorry , I forget to give your the instruction.
    For Ethernet version , you need to download this setup program from USR
    http://en.usr.cn/download/T24-setup.rar

Extract and run the program .
    1) Press "Search in Lan" button , it will board case a UDP packet for search the module.
    2) Highlight the module that you find on the network.
    3) Input your IP , Subnet Mask , Gateway , Port , 9600,n,8,1
    4) Select module work " TCP Server"
    5) After input all the data , press "Setup via NET" button

And then in the plugin , just input the controller's IP and Port.
    Enjoy it.
    Perfect...that worked great. I have it hooked up and had no problem changing colors via the Windows Application. Will work on Homeseer integration this weekend.

Have a good Holiday!

Leave a comment:

• kenrad
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
    Ken , yes ,the program are bind on the master volume output. But I can make a checkbox to let user to select to bind on the volume output or mic input.
    The level meter is control the volume on your windows , not for the controller.Multi-controller will be implement later.
    Thanks Kevin

Very awesome so far

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    Ok Kevin got to testing today and it works with any sound that the computer creates Itunes, TTS, media player ECt. and the save setting is working great. If you were looking for it to trigger from microphone input that is not working. I can see the level meteres moving in your program but there it nothing sent to the device. It would also be nice to control multiple devices

Cheers Ken
    Ken , yes ,the program are bind on the master volume output. But I can make a checkbox to let user to select to bind on the volume output or mic input.
    The level meter is control the volume on your windows , not for the controller.Multi-controller will be implement later.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Lo
    replied
    Originally posted by scott12v View Post
    Kevin,

Received mine today! Thanks!!!

Question before I screw around too much...to set up the Ethernet (not wifi) version, is the IP address the same? 10.10.100.254?

If so, I assume I would connect it directly to my computer (using a crossover or regular cable?), change the IP address on my PC to something on the 10.10.100 range, and then follow the same steps as the wifi version?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott , sorry , I forget to give your the instruction.
    For Ethernet version , you need to download this setup program from USR
    http://en.usr.cn/download/T24-setup.rar

Extract and run the program .
    1) Press "Search in Lan" button , it will board case a UDP packet for search the module.
    2) Highlight the module that you find on the network.
    3) Input your IP , Subnet Mask , Gateway , Port , 9600,n,8,1
    4) Select module work " TCP Server"
    5) After input all the data , press "Setup via NET" button

And then in the plugin , just input the controller's IP and Port.
    Enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X