Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Automated View Post
    Will all of the plugin features still be available? If so, I would get the ttl model right away. In your web store, the description says that many features are only available in the wifi version.
    Forget to say , since now the plug-in only support TCP connection.
    For Non-Wifi version.
    1) Connect controller via TTL -> USB or TTL -> RS232 , now HS Plug-in not work.
    2) Connect controller via TTL - > Ethernet or TTL - > RS232 -> Ethernet, HS Plug-in should work.( I didn't test it , I have some TTL -> Ethernet module in office, I will test it. But there is no reason not work.)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
      Forget to say , since now the plug-in only support TCP connection.
      For Non-Wifi version.
      1) Connect controller via TTL -> USB or TTL -> RS232 , now HS Plug-in not work.
      2) Connect controller via TTL - > Ethernet or TTL - > RS232 -> Ethernet, HS Plug-in should work.( I didn't test it , I have some TTL -> Ethernet module in office, I will test it. But there is no reason not work.)
      Do you have plans to produce a ethernet only version that would not require the external adapter?
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Thanks Kevin,

Great news on the HS3 plugin.

Yup I am repurposing your RGB controller into a "warm white" LED controller and an RGB controller of sorts; if that makes sense?

Currently testing one HS3 plugin that works in Wintel, Linux and by itself talking to the HS3 box. When the plugin is running by itself it works fine on any wintel or linux box talking to HS3 running on either Windows or Linux.

I can test this with the Digi or Lantronics USB to network devices I have. I would utilize the included TTL to USB cable and just plug it into a Digi USB anywhere or a Lantronics USB to Network device. Will it work this way?

That said I would still prefer a direct wired USB (well emulating serial) connection plugin such that I could have the choice of using this direct connector or on the wire network or on the wireless means of controller the controller via Homeseer.

So ideally the plugin should work with:

1 - wireless 802.11X direct connect to Homeseer via IP like it does today.
        2 - indirectly TTL-RS-232 to Wireless?
        3 - wired TTL/RS-232 to external USB (using TTL to USB device)(USB RS-232 emulation) or
        4 - wired TTL to RS-232 external device (legacy 9 pin RS-232)
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Kevin,

I look forward to the TTL version. It would be great if you could supply that one with a serial to TTL chip already embedded, so that users that want rs232 can connect directly without a converter. Those chips are cheap and it would be very convenient.

In any case a hard wired version will be very nice, and thank you for not only wanting to only supply a USB version with an embedded FTDI USB chip. There are too many of those types of products on the market these days, which is fine for casual consumer devices attached by USB, but not really what I consider best for something like home automaton.
          Last edited by Automated; January 9, 2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
            Do you have plans to produce a ethernet only version that would not require the external adapter?
            Now , there is no plan to make a ethernet only version. Since I need to redesign the PCB , make a new case for RJ45 hole. And I need to check the case 's height is that enough for make a RJ45 socket for Ethernet. That's why I lead out the TTL port for expend to RS232 \ USB \ Ethernet.

I have this module on hand , will test on Monday , but the problem is I cannot find a suitable case for it. The case I find on market not prefect fit.

http://en.usr.cn/Ethernet-Module-T24...-tcp-ip-module

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
              Kevin,

I look forward to the TTL version. It would be great if you could supply that one with a serial to TTL chip already embedded, so that users that want rs232 can connect directly without a converter. Those chips are cheap and it would be very convenient.

In any case a hard wired version will be very nice, and thank you for not only wanting to only supply a USB version with an embedded FTDI USB chip. There are too many of those types of products on the market these days, which is fine for casual consumer devices attached by USB, but not really what I consider best for something like home automaton.
              Same problem as Ethernet only version. Since everytime I make the case , MOQ is few hundred unit. I don't want to keep too many different case for different model , so I lead out the TTL port instead.

There have many TTL to RS232 converter , like attach photo. But the same problem , cannot find a suitable case for enclose it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I can test this with the Digi or Lantronics USB to network devices I have. I would utilize the included TTL to USB cable and just plug it into a Digi USB anywhere or a Lantronics USB to Network device. Will it work this way?
                Yes , it should work. The included TTL to USB cable , that is using PL-2303HXC chipset (Embed crystal and work well in Win X64 system)

So ideally the plugin should work with:

1 - wireless 802.11X direct connect to Homeseer via IP like it does today.
                2 - indirectly TTL-RS-232 to Wireless?
                3 - wired TTL/RS-232 to external USB (using TTL to USB device)(USB RS-232 emulation) or
                4 - wired TTL to RS-232 external device (legacy 9 pin RS-232)
                Simply said that , for future , I will add the RS232 support on the HS2 plug-in.
                In INI file , will add one setting call "Type"

If "Type" = IP , then will send out by TCP Socket. So user can use for :
                1) Build-in Wifi Module for access , like current model
                2) Connect TTL to Ethernet Module via RJ12 TTL port

If "Type" = COM , then will send out by RS232. So user can use for :
                1) Provided TTL to USB cable , emulation RS232
                2) TTL to RS232 board connect via RJ232 TTL port

For HS3 plug-in , still stuck on it. I try to mod. HS3 Plug-in sample , complie it as DLL and save the DLL to the HS3 directory , but when I startup HS3 , it cannot find the plug-in. Don't know why ....

Comment

Thanks Kevin.

Try a copy of the DLL in the homeseer-linux/bin/nameofplugin/plugin.dll directory and see if that works. (note that this is a guess)
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Strip LED's shipped, due to be here Tuesday. All I am waiting for is Pete's blessing on the HS3 Plug-in and to order the wireless converter
                    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Kevin,

Will you be integrating the RS-232 control into the Homeseer plugin you wrote?

Or will you be creating a separate plugin for Homeseer?

Here have built a base of DIN mounted 12VDC LED power supplies such that the source 12VDC for LED's is in one location. Pictured above.

I am currently at some 12+ zones of LED lighting using around 10 DIN 12VDC LED power supplies with dual 12VDC outputs of 75 watts to 160 watts per DIN LED power supply.

I am currently controlling the HV side of the DIN power supplies with UPB powerline switches. This source will serve for both RGB and standard LED lighting.
                      Pete , this plug-in special made for you.
                      v1.0.3.0 , add COM port control.
                      please refer the attach PDF , add one setting in INI file , TYPE=COM (If no this settings found , default TYPE=IP)
                      PORT=3 , mean COM3

Try it and let me know if you have any problem on it.
                      I just fast add the COM port support , didn't handle too much on the COM port error handling , will fine tune it later.
                      Enjoy it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Kevin you are a "gentlemen and scholar"!

Thank you. I will give it a try today.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Testing initially with the TTL to RS-232 on port 19 via a Digi USB hub to the HS2 box.

INI files looks like this:

[Settings]
                          gBaseCode=#
                          Client=1

[Options]
                          Debug=True

[Client1]
                          TYPE=COM
                          IPAddress=
                          Port=19
                          HouseCode=#
                          RedDeviceCode=1
                          GreenDeviceCode=2
                          BlueDeviceCode=3
                          RGBDeviceCode=4
                          The plugin created the 4 RGB devices under WiFiRGB (3P).

Left the baud rate at default of 9600.

Shut down HS2 and restarted box.

It does work once either to turn on or turn off a device.

It doesn't work after the first time.

(here it works)===>1/13/2014 8:11:14 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device RGB Channel (#4) OFF
                          1/13/2014 8:11:14 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                          1/13/2014 8:11:14 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #4 Command : 3 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                          1/13/2014 8:11:14 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                          1/13/2014 8:11:14 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #4 Command : 19 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #1 Command : 19 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #2 Command : 19 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #3 Command : 19 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug ComSend Called - Client: 1
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug ComSend ByteArr(0) - 16
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug ComSend ByteArr(1) - 221
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Opening ComPort
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Sending Data...
                          1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Command Sent : AA 10 DD FF
                          (here it doesn't work)===>
                          1/13/2014 8:11:30 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device RGB Channel (#4) ON
                          1/13/2014 8:12:03 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device RGB Channel (#4) ON
                          1/13/2014 8:12:16 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device Blue Channel (#3) ON
                          1/13/2014 8:12:17 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device Green Channel (#2) ON
                          1/13/2014 8:12:18 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device Red Channel (#1) ON
                          Shut down Homeseer HSPro 2 application (not the box) and restarted it. It did the same working one time then not working afterwards. It appears that the plugin to serial port is locking up the serial port with the first command as I do not see any more dialog in the HS log debug stuff.

Disabling and re-enabling plugin doesn't change anything (still doesn't work).

1/13/2014 8:27:18 AM Plug-In Shutting down generic Plug-In: WifiRGB (3P)
                          1/13/2014 8:27:18 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered ShutdownIO() subroutine.
                          1/13/2014 8:27:18 AM WifiRGB (3P) Info WifiRGB (3P) - shutting down I/O ...
                          1/13/2014 8:27:42 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered RegisterCallback() function.
                          1/13/2014 8:27:42 AM WifiRGB (3P) Info WifiRGB (3P) version 1.0.3.0 Starting ...
                          1/13/2014 8:27:42 AM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: WifiRGB (3P)
                          1/13/2014 8:27:42 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered InitIO() function.
                          1/13/2014 8:27:42 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in WifiRGB (3P)
                          1/13/2014 8:27:58 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device RGB Channel (#4) O
                          Will test the TTL-USB Device to the DigiUSB Anywhere box later today. Guessing connecting this device up it should work via IP and serial comm as above depending on INI configuration.
                          Last edited by Pete; January 13, 2014, 09:24 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Testing initially with the TTL to RS-232 on port 19 via a Digi USB hub to the HS2 box.

INI files looks like this:

The plugin created the 4 RGB devices under WiFiRGB (3P).

Left the baud rate at default of 9600.

Shut down HS2 and restarted box.

It does work once either to turn on or turn off a device.

It doesn't work after the first time.

Shut down Homeseer HSPro 2 application (not the box) and restarted it. It did the same working one time then not working afterwards. It appears that the plugin to serial port is locking up the serial port with the first command as I do not see any more dialog in the HS log debug stuff.

Disabling and re-enabling plugin doesn't change anything (still doesn't work).

Will test the TTL-USB Device to the DigiUSB Anywhere box later today. Guessing connecting this device up it should work via IP and serial comm as above depending on INI configuration.
                            Pete , make it simple first. Test it via the included TTL-USB Cable. Direct connect to the HS2 PC .

Comment

I did a direct USB connect to box #2.

This time it doesn't ever appear to open the com port.

BTW the USB-TTL cable gets a bit warm.

Previously it opened the com port once.

1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug ComSend Called - Client: 1
                              1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug ComSend ByteArr(0) - 16
                              1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug ComSend ByteArr(1) - 221
                              1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Opening ComPort
                              1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Sending Data...
                              1/13/2014 8:11:15 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Command Sent : AA 10 DD FF
                              This time it sends out commands but doesn't appear to open up com port.

1/13/2014 10:53:57 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device RGB Channel (#4) ON
                              1/13/2014 10:53:57 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                              1/13/2014 10:53:57 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #4 Command : 2 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                              1/13/2014 10:54:38 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                              1/13/2014 10:54:38 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #3 Command : 2 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                              1/13/2014 10:54:38 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device Blue Channel (#3) ON
                              1/13/2014 10:54:43 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                              1/13/2014 10:54:43 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #2 Command : 2 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                              1/13/2014 10:54:44 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device Green Channel (#2) ON
                              1/13/2014 10:54:47 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                              1/13/2014 10:54:47 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #1 Command : 2 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                              1/13/2014 10:54:47 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device Red Channel (#1) ON
                              1/13/2014 10:55:00 AM Jon00_PerfMonV2 Homeseer start/restart detected
                              1/13/2014 10:55:23 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered SetIOEx() subroutine.
                              1/13/2014 10:55:23 AM WifiRGB (3P) Debug SetIOEX Receive : #4 Command : 2 , Brightness Value : 0 , Data1 Value : 0 , Data2 Value : 0
                              1/13/2014 10:55:23 AM Device Control Device: WifiRGB (3P) WifiRGB (3P) Device RGB Channel (#4) ON
                              Changed com port to #30 and tried again.

Same thing happened. No comm to port #30

Did notice the following when starting HS2

1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Info WifiRGB (3P) version 1.0.3.0 Starting ...
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: WifiRGB (3P)
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered InitIO() function.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Info WifiRGB (3P) - initializing I/O ...
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered InitHW() function.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered CreatePluginDevices() function.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered VerifyBaseCode() subroutine.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered GetDefinedHouseCode() function.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Info Releasing base IO code ^ because there were no HomeSeer devices defined to our plug-in.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Info A new base IO code of ^ was issued by HomeSeer.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM WifiRGB (3P) Debug Entered GetDefinedHouseCode() function.
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in WifiRGB (3P)
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM Plug-In Finished initializing X10 interface
                              1/13/2014 3:24:10 PM Plug-In Finished initializing infrared interface
                              I do not have any X10 or infrared interfaces configured that I know of.
                              Last edited by Pete; January 13, 2014, 04:20 PM.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I did a direct USB connect to box #2.

This time it doesn't ever appear to open the com port.

BTW the USB-TTL cable gets a bit warm.

Previously it opened the com port once.

This time it sends out commands but doesn't appear to open up com port.

Changed com port to #30 and tried again.

Same thing happened. No comm to port #30

Did notice the following when starting HS2

I do not have any X10 or infrared interfaces configured that I know of.
                                Pete , please try this version. I forget to add the timeout. Seem the system can found the COM port , but fail to read or write to the COM.

Is that work on the setup program for control it ?

Thanks
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X