Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look in the zip file for HSPI_RGB3P.exe, pop it in the HS root directory, go into manage plugins and it should be there. Enable it and it should create the devices.

Edit: I will explain a bit more, once it has created the devices then ensure the top one is set to network, then put the IP address in the second device and press submit. Then try and move the sliders and see if the device works. Enable developer mode if not and it should give you an error about the problem.
    Last edited by mrhappy; January 17, 2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Here I am using MeanWell DIN 12VDC power supplies. They do not look like the power supplies here:

http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...roducts_id=251

I utilize multiple Meanwell PS's ranging from 75 watts to 150 watts.

These have been working well now for over a year. They are not IP67 rated though. The power supplies are all on one DIN rail near the LV section of the automation wall / comm closet.

http://www.mouser.com/Power/Power-Su...ies/_/N-axgj7/
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Look in the zip file for HSPI_RGB3P.exe, pop it in the HS root directory, go into manage plugins and it should be there. Enable it and it should create the devices.

Edit: I will explain a bit more, once it has created the devices then ensure the top one is set to network, then put the IP address in the second device and press submit. Then try and move the sliders and see if the device works. Enable developer mode if not and it should give you an error about the problem.

mrhappy,

I can't get your plugin to install,

I get the following error

1/17/2014 5:49:05 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): RGB Controller Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

let me know how to fix thanks

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I have no idea what has caused that error I am afraid. If there is nothing obvious when you enable developer mode then I cannot help, as I say whilst I can get this to work myself it is not something that could be considered even slightly finished so if someone wants to take on the source they are welcome to it. Consider it more of a life saving tool if someone was desperate to get something running in HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
            Is this the correct link or is there a US store?
            http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...94648488813244

It is pretty pricey, but I don't want that to sound like a complaint. However, it will make me change how I architect my setup. Right now, I have strip lights controlled with regular switches and I want to continue to be able to do that, so I think that means I need to run a pair of LV power wire from the plug that is controlled by a switch, back to my wiring room where I will centralize the iSmart devices (probably 2 for a total of 6 zones), and then four wires back to the LED strips. That will be a ton of extra wire and work, but required based on the price.

For me, it defeats the purpose of these being WiFi - everything will already be centralized right next to networking infrastructure.

So if I'm understanding correctly, I could just order the PLCBUS version for $133 USD, then I would order three of these (3 is the minimum) to allow it to work with Ethernet:
            http://en.usr.cn/RS232-serial-to-eth...-tcp-ip-module
            (are there other sources for this that don't require you to order 3??)

What about the case for the Ethernet module and the wire to connect it to the iSmart?

But even as I think about it, this probably isn't a workable solution - if I have three zones controlled by three separate switches, as soon as I turn one on, it would power the iSmart, which would turn on all three zones. I do realize I could use Homeseer to turn the zones on and off, but it is a requirement for me to have local control.

Is there a different way to do this? I can't do 6 different iSmarts to control 6 zones (I'd probably only need 4 to control 6 zones, but still too much).

To sum up my actual requirement - 6 zones controlled by 4 separate traditional switches. When a switch is turned on, then Homeseer can control the LED Strips on that switch; when a switch is turned off, Homeseer couldn't control the lights.

Thanks,
            Scott
            Dear Scott ,

>>So if I'm understanding correctly, I could just order the PLCBUS version >>for $133 USD,

Correct

>>then I would order three of these (3 is the minimum) to allow it to work >>with Ethernet:
            http://en.usr.cn/RS232-serial-to-eth...-tcp-ip-module
            >>(are there other sources for this that don't require you to order 3??)
            >>What about the case for the Ethernet module and the wire to connect it to the iSmart?

Let me check on Monday , see is that possible to order more and keep in my stock . So that I can add the option on the items web. I will also order some more case for it. You prefer you buy a module and case separately and then you assemble by yourself ? Or I assemble and solder the complete module in here ? (I need to find a suitable cable for the case. The case have a square cable lock.)

For the local control issue , is that possible to use this one :
            http://www.x10.com/x10-home-automati...ers/ss13a.html

That is because I am not familiar with 110V USA X10 module , is that have a 110V X10 Wall Switch , that is for send out X10 command? We call Scenes Module or Scenes Wall Switch for our 220V X10 module , that mean the wall switch didn't have loading , it just supply the Live and Neutral Wire , when you press the switch , it send out a specific X10 command out.
            So , when you send out the X10 command , then HS pick up and trigger the event. Or more directly control , connect TW523 to LED controller , then control it via X10 command directly.

For this case of LED controller , inside is no room to add Local Control Input. If I change into DIN Rail case , then I should add Local Input control and embed Ethernet module.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Here I am using MeanWell DIN 12VDC power supplies. They do not look like the power supplies here:

http://x10-hk.com/store/product_info...roducts_id=251

I utilize multiple Meanwell PS's ranging from 75 watts to 150 watts.

These have been working well now for over a year. They are not IP67 rated though. The power supplies are all on one DIN rail near the LV section of the automation wall / comm closet.

http://www.mouser.com/Power/Power-Su...ies/_/N-axgj7/
              Pete , I am using this DIN Rail PS Meanwell DR series(Much more cheaper than MDR series) :
              12V , 7.5A , DIN Rail :
              http://www.meanwell.com/search/dr-100/default.htm
              12V , 4.5A , DIN Rail :
              http://www.meanwell.com/search/dr-60/default.htm
              12V , 2A , DIN Rail :
              http://www.meanwell.com/search/dr-30/default.htm
              12V , 1.5A , DIN Rail :
              http://www.meanwell.com/search/dr-15/default.htm

Meanwell 's PS are really very good and stable. I love it.

http://www.meanwell.com/webnet/search/seriessearch.html

Check in here , they have some PS is IP67 . If you want to buy , send me a e-mail , I can try to get the price in here.

Pete , what module that you are using for the Meanwell PS ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                Let me check on Monday , see is that possible to order more and keep in my stock . So that I can add the option on the items web. I will also order some more case for it. You prefer you buy a module and case separately and then you assemble by yourself ? Or I assemble and solder the complete module in here ? (I need to find a suitable cable for the case. The case have a square cable lock.)
                That would be great. It would be easier if you assemble, but if not, that's okay too as long as I had some basic instructions, it wouldn't be a problem.

For the local control issue , is that possible to use this one :
                http://www.x10.com/x10-home-automati...ers/ss13a.html
                I think I'm good with local control. Huggy's suggestion should work just fine. I'll give a shot this weekend with the cheap controller that came with the strip lights.

Thanks! This is a very cool product and I'm looking forward to playing with it. I'm an HS3 user, so I'll wait for that plugin to be ready before ordering.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                  mrhappy,

I can't get your plugin to install,

I get the following error

1/17/2014 5:49:05 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): RGB Controller Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

let me know how to fix thanks

Cheers Ken
                  Ken , try this version : 0.0.0.2
                  In the zip file :
                  \HSPI_RGB3P.exe copy to HS3 directory
                  \html\images\rgb.png , copy to HS3\html\images directory

In the HS3 Plug-ins Manage Page , check "Developer Mode" and then enable the RGB Controller Plug-in.

I think the error still exist , but it will have a console windows for the hspi_RGB3p.exe , you can screen capture the console windows's error and send it to me. I try to locate the problem.
                  I didn't have your error. But I find another bug and already fix it in v0.0.0.2
                  This is a very early beta version.
                  By the way , what is your HS version ? i test on 3.0.0.48

Thx.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank-you Kevin!

Yup; I like the MeanWell DIN mounted 12VDC power supplies.

I have yet to try any outdoors (IP67) - well yes one so far.

One RGB little project was a waterfall and little pond in a garden walk. The masonry / stone cutting was a bit time consuming. An insert was built into the wall behind the water fall. Not done; it started to become winter and we had snow. That said its using a generic RGB wireless IP67 with an IP67 12VDC transformer going to a 120VAC line. I do not want to install a HV (120VAC) line there and would prefer to run LV (12VDC) to the waterfall. Meanwhile left it outside with an outdoor power cord going some 30 feet temporarily to test. I was going to run the LV 12VDC to the DIN rail inside of the home and put the RGB controller inside of the box you see posted above. Still kind of an experiment.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

here we go... before the molding goes up
                      Attached Files
                      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
                        That would be great. It would be easier if you assemble, but if not, that's okay too as long as I had some basic instructions, it wouldn't be a problem.

I think I'm good with local control. Huggy's suggestion should work just fine. I'll give a shot this weekend with the cheap controller that came with the strip lights.

Thanks! This is a very cool product and I'm looking forward to playing with it. I'm an HS3 user, so I'll wait for that plugin to be ready before ordering.

Scott
                        Finally I manage to get the suitable cable and case for TTL to Ethernet module. I make a ultra short one for my own use.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Nice. When will you have them stocked?

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                            Nice. When will you have them stocked?
                            I've update the Version Option in on-line store. Now you can select "Ethernet Version"

Comment

HS3 Plug-in Version 1.0.0.0

Already finish the basic function of HS3 plug-in.
                              For the 1st time run , it will create three controller . If you only need one , just delete the unused devices. Don't forget to switch the Device View.
                              This plug-in work for Network Access and Serial Access.
                              Script API document will upload later.

To Pete , please test it for Serial access , I work fine in here.

To Ken , you can also test for mult-controller.

I only test this plug-in in HS3 v3.0.0.54 under Windows 7 , not yet test on Linux.

Thanks again to mrhappy for the HS3 plug-in template.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                                I've update the Version Option in on-line store. Now you can select "Ethernet Version"

Comment

Working...
                                X