Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Kevin,

Apologies that I did not get to the Wintel HS3 box until today. This one is a tiny little box in a small case the size of the motherboard (atom based). Its been off a while such that I updated the HS3 version to most current.

I updated the prolific usb to serial comm port drivers and copied over your plugin to the HS3 directory.

It appears to be working fine. I will leave it on the HS3 box and watch the logs.

Jan-24 5:31:40 PM Device Control Device: Unknown RGB Controller RGB Controller 1 Red Value to On (300) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-24 5:31:43 PM Device Control Device: Unknown RGB Controller RGB Controller 1 Green Value to On (300) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-24 5:31:46 PM Device Control Device: Unknown RGB Controller RGB Controller 1 Blue Value to On (300) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-24 5:31:49 PM Device Control Device: Unknown RGB Controller RGB Controller 1 RGB Value to On (300) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jan-24 5:31:54 PM Device Control Device: Unknown RGB Controller RGB Controller 1 RGB Value to Off (400) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    I have the command line box open and seeing that Receive Buffer message.

[1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - CommSend Called - Address: COM17
    [1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - COM6 exist
    [1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - COM13 exist
    [1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - COM17 exist
    [1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - Com Port found in system
    [1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - CommSend ByteArr(0) - 32
    [1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - CommSend ByteArr(1) - 204
    [1/24/2014 5:31:46 PM] - Opening ComPort
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Sending Data...
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Command Sent : AA 20 CC FF
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Closing ComPort
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Receive Buffer - (0) - 255
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Receive Buffer - (1) - 0
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Receive Buffer - (2) - 0
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Receive Buffer - (3) - 0
    [1/24/2014 5:31:47 PM] - Receive Buffer - (4) - 0
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

I must be doing something wrong...doesn't save
      What did I miss ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Using FF here. Saved OK for me. Changed first to serial then entered a com port in capital letters; IE:COM17
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

using wireless.. connects to laptop, then set parms, and when I exit, still shows on old network, tried static, DHCP, SPA-2, and open... more tomorrow never leaves the 10. network for the 192. tried chrome, IE,and FF

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
            using wireless.. connects to laptop, then set parms, and when I exit, still shows on old network, tried static, DHCP, SPA-2, and open... more tomorrow never leaves the 10. network for the 192. tried chrome, IE,and FF
            Please check the PDF , Page 3, step 6 , did you change the mode to STA mode and the reboot the device ?

http://www.x10-hk.com/store/download...ser_Manual.pdf

Thanks

Comment

Kevin,

So in retrospect I see the "receive buffer" message on both the Linux and Wintel versions of your plugin. I have also "checked" the development box in the plugins page.

Personally its not an issue to configure the "serial / IP" mode and IP or Serial com on the variables page; but it would be easier to do this on the configuration of the plugin on the plugin page. This might be an issue though because of the three different connections offered up by your RGB device.

I am guessing then the RGB controller would have three unique entries on the plugins page like:

1 - RGB Controller - PortA
              2 - RGB Controller - PortB
              3 - RGB Controller - PortC

Or maybe one entry in the drop down labeled serial or comm. Once configured then a configuration page which shows three IP or three comm entries?

Each sub entry would have the choice of IP or Serial and each would have an IP entry or serial entry. It would be using the "flow" of the HS3 configuration stuff eh? Just a comment relating to the development of your plugin.

My direction is to get the best bang for the buck relating to your controller and control of my low volage LED lighting; whatever that may be.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete...I started that off so I thought I would just explain what I was doing when I did it (of course, Kevin is absolutely free to do what he wants to do with what I have written). In the couple of HS3 plugins I wrote I was seeking wherever possible to avoid storing data in INI files, I am a bit wary of incorrectly (as in too often) reading/writing to INI files with the fact HS can now be running on a flash drive or some other device where the read/writes should be kept to a minimum. When the data I needed to store was only a couple of settings (IP/Port and Mode) then I felt that data could be stored in a device string just as easily an INI file, whenever I needed to then get the data it is better pulling it from a device string/value than an INI file and quite probably quicker (although not sure I would notice it). Whilst the new jQuery pagebuilder is nice I did not find it pain free and as such felt it was a bit overkill just for a couple of configuration settings, I know it is different to how things have been done in the past...

Comment

Thank you mrhappy.

It is better that way. A one time read of the configuration is really all that the plugin really needs to function.

Unrelated but related tangent.....

That said one of the issues that we had running mcsSprinklers for Linux on flash memory was that and now its running OK by using two flash memory devices. One "work" drive and one "application" drive.

Here I went to using a CF memory card (sort of big) and a plan USB stick. I have tested now the small USB SSD drive to function as good or better than the CF memory card. Over the last couple of years the USB stick has become trashed where as the CF drive has continue to work fine.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

here's final shots of the install..
                    tomorrow task to get controller on network
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Geary!

I see the center, left and right speakers.

Curious with the vaulted ceiling how you did your back speakers.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

now that I got the wife playing.. she likes orange... orange ???
                        Pete... Rears are on back wall over couch, not ideal but...
                        surrounds are on side wall and on top shelf of book case.
                        white speaker grills on front ( all MK's )

I have link light, but can't find IP anywhere.. where is the windows control program ?

waiting on pics to download

Comment

Very nice Geary! Yup here went with a mixture of different mfg speakers.

The windows control program is here: (buried a bit)

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=42

Yeah easier to use it to test your connection.

Once you see that it works then just put the info into the HS variables for RGB #1 section.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

pete.. what is the start of your MAC ?
                            mine should be simular ( mfg )

Comment

Here only using a wired connection. Got it (December?) with no wireless card.

If you have a spare wireless AP; it might be easier to use that to configure the Wireless pieces of the RGB controller instead of playing with your existing AP.

Here are the instructions:

Wifi Setup :

Reset to Default Settings :

When power up the Wifi RGB LED Controller , press and hold the “Wifi Reset” button for 3 seconds, then Wifi module will reset to factory default. Following are Wifi default settings.

Default SSID : HF-A11x_AP
                              Default IP : 10.10.100.254
                              Default Web User Name : admin
                              Default Web Password : admin

How to join your existing Wifi network :

1) Reset Wifi module to factory default and join the default SSID : HF-A11x_AP
                              2) Goto your browser and goto IP : 10.10.100.254 , and enter the default user name and password.
                              3) Goto “STA Interface Setting” Page : input your existing Wifi Network SSID in AP’s SSID field , input your Wifi password in Pass Phrase field.
                              4) If you want to use as DHCP client , please select “DHCP(Auto config)” or input your specific IP address for select “STATIC(fixed IP).
                              5) Goto “Mode selection” Page : select “STA Mode”
                              6) Goto “Device Management” Page , press “Restart” button to restart the module.
                              7) If it success to join your existing Wifi network , “Link” indicator LED will light ON.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

One thing that I have noticed in setting up the controllers with WIFI it seems better to set them to DHCP and then add the static route in your router. That way it always will receive the same IP address.

Cheers Ken
                                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Working...
                                X