Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin,

My kids really love the Winamp plugin you created for your plugin would it be possible to have it save the input data so that it can automatically connect instead of having to manually inter the config stuff every time, Also can more than one instance be running at a time?

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

here's pics using simple corner mould to hide leds
      Attached Files
      Last edited by gearyt; January 26, 2014, 02:13 PM.
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
        Kevin,

My kids really love the Winamp plugin you created for your plugin would it be possible to have it save the input data so that it can automatically connect instead of having to manually inter the config stuff every time, Also can more than one instance be running at a time?

Cheers Ken
        Ken , yes , I can modify the Winamp Plugin for support save the settings in INI. So that when you next time open the plug-in , will read the settings from INI , no need to enter it again.

"More than one instance be running at a time" , is that mean stream the data to multi-controller when playing music in Winamp ?

Thx
        Last edited by Kevin Lo; January 26, 2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Yeah the ability to stream to multiple controllers would be awesome.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

and in orange.. HUE lighting overhead and over couch to match !
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Here only using a wired connection. Got it (December?) with no wireless card.

If you have a spare wireless AP; it might be easier to use that to configure the Wireless pieces of the RGB controller instead of playing with your existing AP.

Here are the instructions:
              I get the light, but can't find it in my router.. also can't get the windows program to start.. gotta love win 8.1

off to load on my laptop to see if I can get to it...

Comment

Very nice Geary!

I have a little free network scanner; but I can't find it right now.

That said if you have logging on your router; and its off turn it on.

You will not see it come up on the network/router until you reset your home wireless SSID such that it matches the default SSID mentioned above. If you are doing this on a wireless laptop connection you will disconnect yourself if using the same home SSID. Try it using a wired desktop or laptop connection maybe. Look up a bit on the thread; I had to install something to get it to run; don't remember what it was.

Curious Geary; post what you have done so far.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Curious Geary; post what you have done so far.
                  here we go..
                  accessed controller with 10.10.100.254 at SF... w I-pad ( Safari )
                  connects..
                  get menu up
                  enter admin, admin - login
                  opens page menu
                  Select STA Mode
                  there is a data transfor mode = transparent ( not covered in instructions )
                  go to STA Interface
                  search for SSID ( SpecOps), find...
                  MAC = Optional
                  Security Mode WPA2PSK
                  Encryption = AES ?? ( TPIK ? )
                  pass phrase = inter key
                  apply

STATIC
                  IP 192.168.1.5
                  SUbnet 255.255.255.128
                  Gateway = 67.77.159.1
                  apply

mode selection STA
                  Apply

Devise Mgt
                  Restart

shows rebooting.... forever...

loss of link light

still shows on old SSID, not new..

Comment

changed mask to 255.255.255.0
                    type off off AES and try again

link light blinked
                    AND WE ARE THERE !!!

Thanks for helping me discover my boo boo ( mask )

Comment

Great news!

STATIC
                      IP 192.168.1.5
                      Subnet 255.255.255.128
                      Gateway = 67.77.159.1
                      Your gateway IP should be in the same subnet as your IP and typically there is a DNS entry. The DNS entry could be your gateway IP or another other DNS IP in internetlandia. The IP of 67.77.159.1 looks to be your internet address provided by your ISP (just a guess).

IE:

STATIC
                      IP 192.168.1.5
                      Subnet 255.255.255.0
                      Gateway = 192.168.1.1 (or whatever you have configured in your router)
                      DNS = 67.77.159.1 (or whatever you have configured as a DNS address in your router or utilized; IE: like 8.8.8.8 or whatever.
                      The SSID should be able to get changed to your residential SSID and I am guessing that it did otherwise you would not have been able to connect to the RGB controller with Homeseer.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Kevin, I may have a bad controller
                        no red output
                        strange, checked w/ voltmeter
                        when I select red only, I get voltage ( gnd ) on green as well wii check further
                        leds worked w/ their controller

ok, no load
                        when I select red, I get 12 on Red, 12 on Green, 7 on blu
                        when I select Blue grn =0 red = 0 blu =12
                        when I select green grn =112 , red = 12, bul = 0

log show correct info going to controller ??

Do you want me to open up and look for short ?
                        Last edited by gearyt; January 26, 2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                          Kevin, I may have a bad controller
                          no red output
                          strange, checked w/ voltmeter
                          when I select red only, I get voltage ( gnd ) on green as well wii check further
                          leds worked w/ their controller

ok, no load
                          when I select red, I get 12 on Red, 12 on Green, 7 on blu
                          when I select Blue grn =0 red = 0 blu =12
                          when I select green grn =112 , red = 12, bul = 0

log show correct info going to controller ??

Do you want me to open up and look for short ?
                          Did you try to test with another power supply ? You can look into the previous post , another user also report that only one color turn on. Finally it find a problem on the power supply.
                          Did your LED is common 12V + ?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                            Kevin,

Cheers Ken
                            Actually I am make another program , that is monitor the Windows's volume output , so what ever is iTune , Media Player or Winamp , also should work on it. Once have a beta version , will post in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                              Actually I am make another program , that is monitor the Windows's volume output , so what ever is iTune , Media Player or Winamp , also should work on it. Once have a beta version , will post in here.
                              That Would be awesome, I mostly use Itunes But started with Winamp just to use your plug in for it

Cheers Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                                Did you try to test with another power supply ? You can look into the previous post , another user also report that only one color turn on. Finally it find a problem on the power supply.
                                Did your LED is common 12V + ?

Thx
                                yes, same leds as most here reported using.. led's work fine with their shipped controller and power supply, using that power supply

???

Comment

Working...
                                X