Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe try this:

http://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/rgb-to-hsl.htm
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
      ohhhhhhhh...

so I don't need the others, it is just an alternative way !

Thanks !
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
        I would suggest checking out the Ultra1Wire plugin from UltraJones. I monitor the temperature in each room of my house and the overall cost is somewhat reasonable. I only do temperature, so the actual sensors are only a couple of dollars, but the 1Wire Controller and junction boxes are relatively costly.

I do think the joint temp/humidity sensors are a lot more money than the temp sensors alone though.

This is a link to the plugin author's setup, mine is fairly similar.
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141980

This is where I got the controller (HA7Net) and junction boxes (JB6)
        http://www.embeddeddatasystems.com/

The plugin is top notch - especially with all of the graphing capabilities that he has added.
        Finally I spend few days for write the plug-in for the 16 channel PCB for monitor Temperature and Humidity.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice Kevin!

Personally I would suggesting moving the post relating to 1-wire stuff over here.....

Not here yet but.....I've requested a new section called "1-wire" under the section called "Automation Protocal support".

Thinking this might be the best place for it unless someone suggests something else.

There is two way communications to 1-wire devices and means of automation using just 1-wire devices; IE: its much more than temperature and humidity sensors. IE: relays for one. I measure water flow using one dual counter connected to two water meters.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=915
          Last edited by Pete; February 6, 2014, 08:05 AM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Kevin.. are you going to intergrate the music option into the plug-in ?
            i am setting up events that set the color to match my HUE lighting, would love to be able to have an event select music mode, set audio capture, and start I-Tunes

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
              i am setting up events that set the color to match my HUE lighting, would love to be able to have an event select music mode, set audio capture, and start I-Tunes
              Let me study , see is that possible to integrate into the HS3 plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                Work in progress.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks !... you are the best. HIGH WAF !

Comment

I have been watching this thread for some time, is the hardware available for purchase yet, what lighting does it specifically connect to, and is the latest version of the plugin the posted in this thread?

I have some 12v led strip lighting that would be nice to automate...and if that works out I'd like to think about adding more, but just not completely sure if this is available and ready for release yet.
                    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                      Work in progress.
                      This will be great!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                        I have been watching this thread for some time, is the hardware available for purchase yet, what lighting does it specifically connect to, and is the latest version of the plugin the posted in this thread?

I have some 12v led strip lighting that would be nice to automate...and if that works out I'd like to think about adding more, but just not completely sure if this is available and ready for release yet.
                        Yes , hardware are ready.
                        You can take a look on my on-line store.
                        HS2 , HS3 and Audio plug-in are also available. (After finish the Audio Function , will study how to submit the Plug-in to the HS3 updater)

General User Manual :
                        http://www.x10-hk.com/store/download...ser_Manual.pdf

Audio Plug-in : (This is the separate program , later will merge into HS3 plug-in)
                        http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...162070&page=12

HS3 Plug-in v1.0.0.0 :
                        http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...=162070&page=9

There is no special request on the LED stripe or MR16 LED spot light.
                        It support DC12V and DC24V LED stripe.
                        Your existing LED stripe is RGB or Mono color ?

Comment

This looks pretty cool, was hoping to avoid x10/plc, and hoping for hs3.

Can i control this from hs3 yet? and if so can it control the wifi or ethernet version to avoid x10/plc?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                            Your existing LED stripe is RGB or Mono color ?
                            My existing strip is rgb, and am torn between putting rgb or just plain white under kitchen cabinets.

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post

Usability - Some of these will probably be a little bit tough to implement, but will take the plugin from a cool gadget to show my friends to a very usable and integral part of my HS setup

I'm not sure if you can do the scene idea directly within Homeseer or if you'd need some sort of application running in the background to implement....but hopefully it is something that could be done! Looking forward to see whether others have the same request.

Thanks!
                              Scott
                              Scott , I am think about how to add a scenes or call "Mode"
                              In my idea , I will create one more device call "Music Mode" , that I already done on above post.
                              And I will create another device call "Mode" , it will have 10 buttons , say Mode 1 to Mode 10.

When you press the Mode 1 button , may be is Red and Green and Blue change every 2 seconds.
                              But I don't want to hard code the mode button. So the user can define the mode content in the text file , then I read into my plug-in.

For example :
                              [Mode1]
                              Seq=3
                              1=255,0,0
                              2=0,255,0
                              3=0,0,255
                              Interval=2000
                              Fade=1

So , will change your define color every 2 seconds and loop. And color will change immediately without fade in fade out function.

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                                This looks pretty cool, was hoping to avoid x10/plc, and hoping for hs3.

Can i control this from hs3 yet? and if so can it control the wifi or ethernet version to avoid x10/plc?
                                X10/PLC is just a option. If you control by Wifi or Ethernet , you can ignore the X10 / PLC option.

Comment

Working...
                                X