Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by misraels View Post
    My existing strip is rgb, and am torn between putting rgb or just plain white under kitchen cabinets.
    The controller can control three individual Plain White LED stripe or one RGB LED stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
      Scott , I am think about how to add a scenes or call "Mode"
      In my idea , I will create one more device call "Music Mode" , that I already done on above post.
      And I will create another device call "Mode" , it will have 10 buttons , say Mode 1 to Mode 10.

When you press the Mode 1 button , may be is Red and Green and Blue change every 2 seconds.
      But I don't want to hard code the mode button. So the user can define the mode content in the text file , then I read into my plug-in.

For example :
      [Mode1]
      Seq=3
      1=255,0,0
      2=0,255,0
      3=0,0,255
      Interval=2000
      Fade=1

So , will change your define color every 2 seconds and loop. And color will change immediately without fade in fade out function.

GREAT Kevin.. keep the software improvements coming !!
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Scott , I am think about how to add a scenes or call "Mode"
        In my idea , I will create one more device call "Music Mode" , that I already done on above post.
        And I will create another device call "Mode" , it will have 10 buttons , say Mode 1 to Mode 10.

When you press the Mode 1 button , may be is Red and Green and Blue change every 2 seconds.
        But I don't want to hard code the mode button. So the user can define the mode content in the text file , then I read into my plug-in.

For example :
        [Mode1]
        Seq=3
        1=255,0,0
        2=0,255,0
        3=0,0,255
        Interval=2000
        Fade=1

So , will change your define color every 2 seconds and loop. And color will change immediately without fade in fade out function.
        This sounds perfect!

Question on how this works. Will Homeseer continually send commands to the iSmart device based on the above settings, or will it just send the commands one time and iSmart will continue running in that mode until another command is sent?

If Homeseer is continually sending the commands, I'd have a concern that other activity on Homeseer could cause variations in the speed of sending commands to the iSmart device.

Thanks for all of your work!

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
          This sounds perfect!

Question on how this works. Will Homeseer continually send commands to the iSmart device based on the above settings, or will it just send the commands one time and iSmart will continue running in that mode until another command is sent?

If Homeseer is continually sending the commands, I'd have a concern that other activity on Homeseer could cause variations in the speed of sending commands to the iSmart device.

Thanks for all of your work!
          I think finally result will be like this :
          when you enter "Music Mode" , it will continually sending the commands to the iSmart device.
          But once receive any control command by HSTouch / Device Status Page / Script , it will stop the Music Mode and execute the command.

For "Scenes Mode" , that should be handle by the timer , but once receive any control command , will also stop the timer and execute the new command.

But I am thinking how to make it work on multi-controller smoothly.

Comment

Kevin,

Still trying to have Homeseer create a new section under automation called 1-Wire as there are many folks today using 1-wire for automation. This is a bit more than just temperature and humidity stuff. That said though we really should have a separate section here on Homeseer.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              mrhappy,

I can't get your plugin to install,

I get the following error

1/17/2014 5:49:05 PM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): RGB Controller Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

let me know how to fix thanks

Cheers Ken
              Ken, are you running RFXCOM too by any chance?
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Kevin.. how is the next software release coming ??

Comment

Any word on a new release yet Kevin I like the audio control can we possibly see this for the Hs2 plugin as well

Cheers Ken
                  HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                    Any word on a new release yet Kevin I like the audio control can we possibly see this for the Hs2 plugin as well

Cheers Ken
                    Very busy last week. Hope next week will continue and release the new version for HS3 with Audio Control and Mode Control. Now only work on HS3.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                      Kevin.. how is the next software release coming ??
                      New Release coming. Version 1.1.0.0
                      Copy the new version exe and dll to the HS3 directory.
                      Copy the rgb_sequence.txt to the config directory.

You can edit the rgb_sequence.txt for that 12 mode operation.
                      When you restart your HS3 , it should create two extra device for you.
                      One is for audio control , one is for 12 mode.
                      For audio control and mode operation , it will continue to steam the data to controller. Once got any operation , such as ON , Off to any channel or control the device by script command. It will stop the mode running and also stop the audio data streaming.

Let me know if you have any problem. Enjoy it.

PS. This version 's Mode and Audio function , only work with Network Type Controller. Serial Port Connection will add later.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Kevin Lo; February 25, 2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

New Release coming. Version 1.1.0.0
                        Copy the new version exe and dll to the HS3 directory.
                        Copy the rgb_sequence.txt to the config directory.

You can edit the rgb_sequence.txt for that 12 mode operation.
                        When you restart your HS3 , it should create two extra device for you.
                        One is for audio control , one is for 12 mode.
                        For audio control and mode operation , it will continue to steam the data to controller. Once got any operation , such as ON , Off to any channel or control the device by script command. It will stop the mode running and also stop the audio data streaming.

Let me know if you have any problem. Enjoy it.

PS. This version 's Mode and Audio function , only work with Network Type Controller. Serial Port Connection will add later.
                        Does the "mode" function have any documentation associated with it?

Do we need to update the firmware so the network is not being used to send mode state changes? I ask because I know the super cheap rgb controllers use a single IR command to change modes, and the communication protocol does not include the mode change information, unless it has been there all along and your plug-in had not called it into action yet??

I think it is fantastic and will test it either way very soon.
                        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                          Does the "mode" function have any documentation associated with it?

Do we need to update the firmware so the network is not being used to send mode state changes? I ask because I know the super cheap rgb controllers use a single IR command to change modes, and the communication protocol does not include the mode change information, unless it has been there all along and your plug-in had not called it into action yet??

I think it is fantastic and will test it either way very soon.
                          The mode is self-define. You can download the HS3 Plug-in and see the config directory. It have a file rgb_sequence.txt

You can define that 12 mode in this file. I think that is very easy to understand. So I didn't write any document.

here is example :

For Mode 1 , Just cycling Red to Green to Blue. I will change to next color every 10000 ms (10 seconds) , fade rate is 64

[Mode1]
                          Seq=3
                          1=255,0,0
                          2=0,255,0
                          3=0,0,255
                          Interval=10000
                          Fade=64

For Mode 5 , Flash red two time , then turn OFF for 1 seconds , then flash Green two time , then off 1 seconds , then flash Blue two time ....etc

[Mode5]
                          Seq=15
                          1=255,0,0
                          2=0,0,0
                          3=255,0,0
                          4=0,0,0
                          5=0,0,0
                          6=0,255,0
                          7=0,0,0
                          8=0,255,0
                          9=0,0,0
                          10=0,0,0
                          11=0,0,255
                          12=0,0,0
                          13=0,0,255
                          14=0,0,0
                          15=0,0,0
                          Interval=500
                          Fade=1

For the other super cheap RGB controller , the firmware already define some mode , so that they can just use one command to change the mode. (But as I know , most of it is just to send Mode + or Mode - to change the mode , cannot send a single command , such as Change to Mode 11 directly)
                          But I didn't hard code the mode inside my RGB controller , so that I need to make it work via software base.
                          Attached Files

Comment

whoops... threw this
                            Started the music
                            started the controller
                            Attached Files

Comment

Kevin LO

I just updated to the latest version of your plugin and I am now getting this error

2/25/2014 12:48:47 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to start plug-in API: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

And HS3Pro stops loading and freezes any idea how to remedy the situation. I am thinking about removing the plugin and trying again to see what happens

Cheers Ken

EDIT: eneded up rebooting the PC and that resolved the issue I dont think it was related to the plugin I think it was a port that didn't close when shutting down HS3
                              Cheers Ken
                              Last edited by kenrad; February 25, 2014, 06:11 PM. Reason: Solved
                              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                                whoops... threw this
                                Started the music
                                started the controller
                                I'm getting the same error as GearyT...

Calling SetIOMulti in plugin RGB Controller:Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)

The Mode option works great! I do have a couple of suggestions that I will post in a separate post.

Comment

Working...
                                X