Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in wireless RGB LED strip lights with HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two suggestions:

1. For the Mode Control, change it from a popup dialog to a dropdown list.
    a. This would allow for easier Mode selection (not that it is too hard now)
    b. You could show only the Modes that are actually defined (so if 3 are defined, only 3 would be in the dropdown)
    c. You could rename the modes in the text file. So if I wanted a mode for Christmas, I could name it that rather than remember that it was Mode 3

2. For the Device Type, it would be nice if there were just 3 device types:
    RGB Controller 1, RGB Controller 2, RGB Controller 3. Now there are 27 different Device Types so the Device Type dropdown on the Homeseer Devices screen gets pretty cluttered. This is a pretty minor issue, but I wanted to point it out nonetheless.

Thanks,
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scott12v View Post
      I'm getting the same error as GearyT...

Calling SetIOMulti in plugin RGB Controller:Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)

The Mode option works great! I do have a couple of suggestions that I will post in a separate post.
      Did you copy the CoreAudioApi.dll to HS3 directory ? Since Music option need that dll.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
        Did you copy the CoreAudioApi.dll to HS3 directory ? Since Music option need that dll.

Thanks
        Yep.

Both the CoreAudioApi.dll and the Plugin are in the HomeSeer directory:
        C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3

Perhaps I need to register the DLL?

I'm running 64 bit Windows 7.

Thanks,.
        Scott

Comment

Two suggestions:

1. For the Mode Control, change it from a popup dialog to a dropdown list.
          a. This would allow for easier Mode selection (not that it is too hard now)
          b. You could show only the Modes that are actually defined (so if 3 are defined, only 3 would be in the dropdown)
          c. You could rename the modes in the text file. So if I wanted a mode for Christmas, I could name it that rather than remember that it was Mode 3

2. For the Device Type, it would be nice if there were just 3 device types:
          RGB Controller 1, RGB Controller 2, RGB Controller 3. Now there are 27 different Device Types so the Device Type dropdown on the Homeseer Devices screen gets pretty cluttered. This is a pretty minor issue, but I wanted to point it out nonetheless.

Thanks,
          Scott
          Dear Scott ,

1a) Let me study , see is that possible to make a mode selection for switch between popup and drop download list. Now it can switch between Popup or show all the button. (Click the Mode device , in the Configuration page , uncheck "Use pop-up dialog for control:" , then save , you can see the result. )

1b) Please see attachment , if you only defined 3 , just delete the unused entry. But please remember the setting , when you need to add in future , you need to follow the setting.

1c) Please also see attachment , you can change the name in the Status Column. My plug-in only detect the "Value" field , please don't change the Value field value.

2) As mrhappy already explain before , for the design of this plug-in , it save the necessary information in the HS device database(Connection Type and IP) . So plug-in no need to read the INI file. If I need to change it back to INI method , need to put many effort to change the code.
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm getting the same error as GearyT...

Calling SetIOMulti in plugin RGB Controller:Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490)

The Mode option works great! I do have a couple of suggestions that I will post in a separate post.
            GearyT , Scott , I also get this error in my another HS3 machine. Let me check what happen and get back to you.

Thanks

Here is the exact problem were located. Still finding what happen ......

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070490) : Element not found.
            at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
            at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(I nt32 errorCode)
            at CoreAudioApi.MMDeviceEnumerator.GetDefaultAudioEndpoint(EDat aFlow dataFlow, ERole role)
            Last edited by Kevin Lo; February 25, 2014, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Dear Scott ,

1a) Let me study , see is that possible to make a mode selection for switch between popup and drop download list. Now it can switch between Popup or show all the button. (Click the Mode device , in the Configuration page , uncheck "Use pop-up dialog for control:" , then save , you can see the result. )

1b) Please see attachment , if you only defined 3 , just delete the unused entry. But please remember the setting , when you need to add in future , you need to follow the setting.

1c) Please also see attachment , you can change the name in the Status Column. My plug-in only detect the "Value" field , please don't change the Value field value.

2) As mrhappy already explain before , for the design of this plug-in , it save the necessary information in the HS device database(Connection Type and IP) . So plug-in no need to read the INI file. If I need to change it back to INI method , need to put many effort to change the code.

Awesome...thanks Kevin!

Comment

Yep.

Both the CoreAudioApi.dll and the Plugin are in the HomeSeer directory:
                C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3

I'm running 64 bit Windows 7.

Thanks,.
                Scott
                Running 64 Bit Windows 8.1
                Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                  Running 64 Bit Windows 8.1
                  I get that error on one my of HS3 machine , that is running on the ESXi VMware. The server didn't have phiscal sound card and no sound card detected in the VM Win7 x64 , that why have that problem. (And speaker have a red cross on system tray)

Then I install the virtual sound card for testing , then my problem solve.

http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/

I can't reproduce the problem in my other "normal" PC that running HS3.

Comment

Speakers look ok...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Adding software cured problem... but... Do I really need to spend $40 to fix ?
                      should work with just OS

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                        Adding software cured problem...
                        Same here...installed the software fixed the issue. I had previously tried installing the Motherboards native soundcard drivers (rather than just relying on the drivers that Windows installed), but that didn't help.

I'm going to play around and see if you can just keep certain files or just the driver at no cost.

In the meantime, one thing - the audio control only uses the red channel - is that correct?

I guess two things - it seems like the fades in and out based on the music should be "harsher" or more abrupt. There are no distinct changes when there's a big bass hit...just a soft fade.

Thanks,
                        Scott

Comment

Same here...installed the software fixed the issue. I had previously tried installing the Motherboards native soundcard drivers (rather than just relying on the drivers that Windows installed), but that didn't help.

I'm going to play around and see if you can just keep certain files or just the driver at no cost.

In the meantime, one thing - the audio control only uses the red channel - is that correct?

I guess two things - it seems like the fades in and out based on the music should be "harsher" or more abrupt. There are no distinct changes when there's a big bass hit...just a soft fade.

Thanks,
                          Scott
                          I try to find out which DLL or driver is missing. If I uninstall the software , problem happen again. I believe that , there should be some driver for Audio is missing.

Yes , now I only implement the Red channel only. Any idea on the color for audio control ? just looping R -> G -> B ?

try to set the fade rate to 0 or 1 , then you will see the change.

Comment

I try to find out which DLL or driver is missing. If I uninstall the software , problem happen again. I believe that , there should be some driver for Audio is missing.

Yes , now I only implement the Red channel only. Any idea on the color for audio control ? just looping R -> G -> B ?

try to set the fade rate to 0 or 1 , then you will see the change.
                            The signal for the average of RGB should be relative to average of the audio, and the peak should be related to the peak bass / mid to give the impact. Just my thoughts, and could be wrong.
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

I get that error on one my of HS3 machine , that is running on the ESXi VMware. The server didn't have phiscal sound card and no sound card detected in the VM Win7 x64 , that why have that problem. (And speaker have a red cross on system tray)

Then I install the virtual sound card for testing , then my problem solve.

http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/

I can't reproduce the problem in my other "normal" PC that running HS3.
                              Until this problem is resolved, can you release a version that does not use the audio portion of the plugin so I can actually test it on HS3?

Also, the user manual (http://www.x10-hk.com/store/download...ser_Manual.pdf) does not tell me what file name is needed to configure the plugin.

I copied my HS2 config/...ini file to config/...ini on my HS3 system but am not going to purchase an audio driver.

Please advise.
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                                Until this problem is resolved, can you release a version that does not use the audio portion of the plugin so I can actually test it on HS3?

Also, the user manual (http://www.x10-hk.com/store/download...ser_Manual.pdf) does not tell me what file name is needed to configure the plugin.

I copied my HS2 config/...ini file to config/...ini on my HS3 system but am not going to purchase an audio driver.

Please advise.
                                For HS3 plug-in , there is no INI file need to be config. The audio DLL only will call when you press the Audio control button. If you don't press it , it will not have any problem for the plug-in.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X