Installing a fan linc. One extra wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a fan linc. One extra wire

I am trying to install a fanlinc on my harbor breeze ceiling can. My existing remote module has a two wires going to the fan. One says "to motor L" and is black. and the other says "to motor N" and is white. But the fanlinc only has one wire for the fan (red ).

Can someone tell me how to make book up the fanlinc to my fan?

Connect the red wire to the fan's hot wire (usually black). Tie the fan neutral, the fanlinc neutral, and the house neutral together.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

That did the trick. Thanks!

Next trick is getting the insteon mini remote (8 button) working.

I would like button a to turn the light off when pressed. A press and hold would dim.

I would like a press of button b to turn the light and a press and hold of button b to dim up the light.

How can I accomplish that?

For some reason right now button a seems to turn the light off but button b seems to toggle the light on and off.

Comment

Glad the Fanlinc is working. Sorry I can't help you with the remote. Never used one.
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
        X