Pebble Smartwatch Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pebble Smartwatch Control

Thought I'd just pop this in here since I only decided to give it a try yesterday and turns out it's massively easy.

Android phone set up with Tasker - Tasker has tasks set up that send an HTTP get command to Homeseer which Rover picks up to trigger events.

There's a nice little Android app you can get called "Pebble Tasker" which basically lets you pop up a list of pre-defined tasks that you can trigger with a press of one of the watch buttons.... and hey presto - Click of a watch button and I can trigger any Homeseer event I want.

Haven't really decided on a use for it yet, but it looks kinda cool walking out of the room and a watch press shutting down the AV and turning the lights out x)

I'm working on an app for the Pebble (Android only).

On the android app you can select the events/devices which you want to be shown on the pebble (whitelist or blacklist).

Just started development, no ETA yet. I will be doing a beta when I think the time is right.

Would there be any interest for this ?

Gr,
    Kriz

Comment

Hi Kriz, I'd be interested in trying it out.

Thanks
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Got any requests/suggestions ?

As stated before, it will only be available on Android. I have no interest in funding the Apple ecosystem.

Comment

Hi Kriz,

I'm good with Android only . Your approach for having a blackllist/whitelist to show specific devices and events works for me. Actually, given the number of devices and events that I have, just a whitelist where I add devices and events that I want to control from the Pebble should do the trick.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I downloaded the tools to test that and I have been running the betas on my Zee, but haven't actually had time to dig in since I was off on a vacation with my family. Will the JSON interface allow me to control HS Zee with my Pebble (smartwatch can send HTTP commands)?

Comment

Originally posted by Reoryn View Post
              Android phone set up with Tasker - Tasker has tasks set up that send an HTTP get command to Homeseer which Rover picks up to trigger events.
              Hi could you share how the HTTP get command worked? i have been trying to do something similar but for a post command.
              HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
              53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
              https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Just ordered my Pebble Steel on the black friday special. How is everyone integrating them? Running iOS

Comment

Small update ...

Because of the new JSON capabilities of HomeSeer, I am rewriting the Pebble app.
                  This will make it platform (iOS/Android) independent.

Hope to get a beta out between christmas and newyear.

You will have to compile the app yourself, as configuration (menu layout, which devices/events to include etc) are done in source code with minimal changes.

Comment

Sounds interesting. I got control working from my phone by putting the post and get commands into SmartWatch+

Comment

Pebble comes Friday! How tough is it to develop on? I'd like to be able to trigger homeseer if no motion has been detected after a certain period of time and it's not on charge. Morbid as it seems I've lost a couple of friends my age (30s) due to natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Reoryn View Post
                        Thought I'd just pop this in here since I only decided to give it a try yesterday and turns out it's massively easy.

There's a nice little Android app you can get called "Pebble Tasker" which basically lets you pop up a list of pre-defined tasks that you can trigger with a press of one of the watch buttons.... and hey presto - Click of a watch button and I can trigger any Homeseer event I want.

Haven't really decided on a use for it yet, but it looks kinda cool walking out of the room and a watch press shutting down the AV and turning the lights out x)
                        Cool! What sort of range is realistic to expect?

Comment

Range only matters if you aren't carrying your phone. I usually can make it the length of my house without losing BT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It's really easy. Install the SmartWatch Pro app on the iPhone/watch. You can send HTTP REQUESTs with it from the watch. Then install the HTTP RESTful API (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163217). It includes detailed instructions on how to format the HTTP REQUESTs.

I use my Pebble to run events and toggle devices. Pretty much anything you might want to do with HS can be done from the watch .

I also use the Pushover application to receive messages on my watch from HomeSeer. When I am away from home anytime HS speaks something at the house it gets sent to my watch.

Some of my uses:
                            - I use my watch to turn off the pond pump when I'm already outside and want to clean the pond filter.
                            - I turn on my home office computer from my watch on the way home from work (sounds like I work too much).
                            - Open/close the garage door, especially useful when I go visit the neighbors.
                            - Turn on the backyard lights while I'm in the hot tub.
                            - Turn on the wine cellar lights when I am going for a bottle.

It has become a very convenient tool. I almost always have my phone on me or nearby. I didn't like to wear a watch before (didn't think I needed to with a phone that tells time), but now I always were the Pebble so I have instant access to HS.
                            Mike

Comment

Same thing with SmartWatch+

Comment

Working...
                              X