Replacement Variable Time with Seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Variable Time with Seconds

Can anyone help me figure out how to get a variable for time with seconds? Basically I'm looking for the equivalent of $TIME but not truncated to minutes.
    Thanks

Is this in HS Touch or where?

Normally, you can use:

$TIME=h:mm tt [this would give you 8:00 AM]
    $TIME=hh:mm tt [this would give you 08:00 AM
    $TIME=hh:mm:ss tt [this would give you 08:00:00 AM]
    $TIME=H:mm:ss [this would you give you military time in 24hr format with seconds]
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
      Is this in HS Touch or where?

Normally, you can use:

$TIME=h:mm tt [this would give you 8:00 AM]
      $TIME=hh:mm tt [this would give you 08:00 AM
      $TIME=hh:mm:ss tt [this would give you 08:00:00 AM]
      $TIME=H:mm:ss [this would you give you military time in 24hr format with seconds]
      This is going in an email sent by HS2.
      If I use $TIME=hh:mm:ss tt as suggested above in the body of the sent email I get
      3:05 PM=hh:mm:ss tt
      as a result. I'd like to get
      3:05:45 PM
      but can't figure out how to do it.

Comment

Try using the []. IE - [$TIME=h:mm tt]
        Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
          Try using the []. IE - [$TIME=h:mm tt]
          Unfortunately no luck.
          Just gives the brackets, fills in $TIME with hours and minutes and then give me the =h:mm tt.

It seems weird to me that seconds appear in the log times but are not easily incorporated into HS for use.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
            Can anyone help me figure out how to get a variable for time with seconds? Basically I'm looking for the equivalent of $TIME but not truncated to minutes.
            Thanks
            Still trying to solve this for emailing a replacement time variable with seconds for HS2. Advice much appreciated

Comment

Still trying to solve this for emailing a replacement time variable with seconds for HS2. Advice much appreciated
              You can send an email via script, and use Dim dtTime As String = Format(DateTime.Now, "HH:mm:ss")
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                You can send an email via script, and use Dim dtTime As String = Format(DateTime.Now, "HH:mm:ss")

Thanks for the reply Mike. That may be a little over my head. I have a bunch of other things that go in the email too and I'm just trying to time stamp them with send times (more accurate than receive times).

Comment

Did you ever get this sorted out?

I would like to know this answer as well....

Comment

I did not. The scripting suggestions were over my head and I couldn't get it to work otherwise.

Comment

I did not. The scripting suggestions were over my head and I couldn't get it to work otherwise.
                      Thanks for your answer.
                      Agreed, scripting is not something I can figure out on my own. I need a written sample, then I can usually modify it to fit my needs.

I will keep searching, if I figure it out, I will post back here.
                      For now, I am happy at least the $time and the $date work.

It would be nice to be a little bit more accurate though...

Comment

Working...
                      X