I/R Match missing from Event Trigger List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/R Match missing from Event Trigger List

I have installed SQ Blaster plugin. Added a heap of IR signals so the Blaster can remotely control my Foxtel, TV thru Homeseer.
    But I cant do the next essential step of making events because the
    I/R Match is missing from Event Trigger List

How do I get I/R Match to appear in the list?

If you go into the interfaces menu does it show as an infrared interface or other? You only get the IR match if you have an IR interface in the plug ins list. It may be written as a IO interface, are there any other options in the trigger list that might do that function.

Comment

The interface plugin is listed as SQ Blaster- there's no reference to infrared but it downloaded and installed properly and it learns infrared commands thru Homeseer . How do I include the infrared in the interface list?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Jackson View Post
        The interface plugin is listed as SQ Blaster- there's no reference to infrared but it downloaded and installed properly and it learns infrared commands thru Homeseer . How do I include the infrared in the interface list?
        In the interfaces page (if this is HS2) you have three columns, X10, IR and IO. The enabled/disabled icons are in the respective column depending on what they are written as. Unfortunately if it shows as an IO interface then only HS can re-write the plug in as an IR interface, I'd guess because they have not there is a valid reason for doing so. Do they not have an option in the trigger list that may do the same thing only named differently?

Comment

OK, now I see what you mean. Yes the SQ Blaster is under the Infrared column and is enabled. It has been designated to Com 1 port - is that correct? I can change it if necessary.
          None of the event triggers in the list give any reference to IR and I have actually tried each event trigger that is listed one by one and none allow me to save the event action.
          I am using HSPro 25081
          Last edited by Chris Jackson; November 1, 2013, 02:15 AM.

Comment

OK, now I see what you mean. Yes the SQ Blaster is under the Infrared column and is enabled. It has been designated to Com 1 port - is that correct? I can change it if necessary.
            None of the event triggers in the list give any reference to IR and I have actually tried each event trigger that is listed one by one and none allow me to save the event action.
            I am using HSPro 25081
            I'm afraid I have no idea then, HS must be doing something different with that interface. The SDK says this (sorry I thought just because it was an IR interface it would support it, apparently not necessarily):

Code:
            SupportsIRMatch
            Public Function SupportsIRMatch() As Boolean

This procedure is called by HomeSeer if your plug-in supports infrared services.

If your infrared hardware supports the matching of infrared signals received, return True from this procedure.  The IsMatchable procedure is used to check whether individual locations are matchable or not.  If SupportsIRMatch is False, the IR Signal trigger is not available to the user when they are creating events in HomeSeer.
            If you go into the control panel and execute this command it should write to the log whether the plugin supports it or not.

&hs.writelog("IRMatch",hs.plugin("USB-UIRT Interface").SupportsIRMatch)

(replace USB-UIRT interface with the name of the square connect plugin, I don't use it so don't know the name of it)

That might give you an idea whether the plugin is written to support them, if true there must be some issue with HS somewhere.

Comment

Just found this at end of help file for SQ Blaster:
              "The SQ Blaster Plugin does not support Event Triggers because the SQ Blaster Wi-Fi to Infrared controller does not support IR matching. "

Still need to find out why I cant save actions but thanks for your help mrhappy- you taught me how to use the control panel!

Comment

Just found this at end of help file for SQ Blaster:
                "The SQ Blaster Plugin does not support Event Triggers because the SQ Blaster Wi-Fi to Infrared controller does not support IR matching. "

Still need to find out why I cant save actions but thanks for your help mrhappy- you taught me how to use the control panel!
                No problems. The save actions might be a browser issue, HS2 gets a little funny with non-Internet Explorer browsers. Some things might not work in Chrome which work in IE, if I create a device in Chrome and try and press save it will always revert back to the A house code no matter what I set. If you have any problems like that try IE first if you use something else.

Comment

am using IE10.
                  Seems I cant update any new event action, not just IR actions. Havent made a new event for many months, so dont know how long this has been a problem.Only change I can think of is installing HS3 (which I havent used yet).
                  I probably need to start a new thread with a different title

Comment

Working...
                  X