Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Season - Home Automation Pays for Itself

Tis the season to be Jolly

But you still have to hang all the lights, no?

When I replace the front deck next spring I want to install multicolor LED strips under the hand rail so I don't ever have to hang a light again...

Bah humbug

Comment

You mean you're supposed to take the lights down after Christmas?
      My system is described in my profile.

Comment

Originally posted by JLehnert View Post
        You mean you're supposed to take the lights down after Christmas?
        ummm us rednecks leave them up all year long... they go from xmas lights to security lights..
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
          But you still have to hang all the lights, no?

When I replace the front deck next spring I want to install multicolor LED strips under the hand rail so I don't ever have to hang a light again...

Bah humbug
          +1 here i am going to do the ridge line of the house with independent addressable LEDS.

that way i can do red white and blue for the 4th, green and red for xmas and everything in between
          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            +1 here i am going to do the ridge line of the house with independent addressable LEDS.

that way i can do red white and blue for the 4th, green and red for xmas and everything in between
            Even better..
            Also Green for St Patricks day, Red for St Valentines day (either the normal one or the Chicago one

Have you found a suitable vendor yet? I'm having problems finding something that will withstand 24/7 outdoors...

Z

Comment

Geez here I am using EL gutters, bushes, railings, driveway, wood trim, outside framing and bricks; works for me.

(subcontracted lightning bugs; they work 24/7, 365 days of the year; for free - their "afterlife" glow remains).

Wife made me take down the lasers snow flake light box a few years ago; it was the laser/light box that bugged her (a mod of a box from the early 60's) - Disco lights on steroids - too many twinkles. (jacksonian seizure activity maybe? Geez can light be bent?)

Just kidding here. (did play with modded Christmas laser display and with a snow flake box separately though)

Noticed here neighbors are starting to leave their Christmas lights up year around.

And other neighbors are doing theme lighting for every holiday.

Here I am doing less and still only around Thanksgiving/Christmas. (basics only lately)
              Last edited by Pete; November 13, 2013, 10:18 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
              X