Automotive Remote start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automotive Remote start

I was thinking about trying to tie in my remote start on my car to homeseer and control it from an event but not sure how to go about it and hoping someone could help.

I currently have a event setup using BLG_data that automatically opens my garage doors 10 minutes before I leave for work and also turns on some outside lights then 20 minutes later turns off the lights and closes the garage door. I was thinking with winter almost upon us in Wisconsin it would be nice if I could also have homeseer start my car the part that confuses me is the rolling codes that the remote start sends is there a way to send these signals from homeseer and capture the codes or would someone have an idea on how to hack one of the keyfobs so that homeseer could trigger it

I would like to hear your input

Thanks Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Automotive Remote start

I have this set up, and used an extra remote for the car. I opened it up, and soldered onto the remote start button. This is connected to a relay, which HS can energize to start the vehicle. The remote recharges via USB, so I just keep it plugged in.

Comment

I've been using this "contraption" 5 days a week for many years and it still works as good as it did with it was first developed.
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=602422
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here three cars have the remote control starting stuff. I do recall my first remote control for my vehicle in the early 1980's. It was very mechanical with direct connects to the "gas pedal" and used a remote control the size of a small walkie talkie. I had it installed in a Chevrolet Blazer at the time.

They utilize FOB's and work well from a distance. Easiest methodology would be what Rupp mentions or automated mentions.

Today you can DIY a mobile remote control start just installing a GSM modem or modded telephone. You can also just purchase a monthly service and remote it all from the internet (using Homeseer too).

http://davehacks.troublem8ker.com/wordpress/?p=4
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          I've been using this "contraption" 5 days a week for many years and it still works as good as it did with it was first developed.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=602422
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
            I have this set up, and used an extra remote for the car. I opened it up, and soldered onto the remote start button. This is connected to a relay, which HS can energize to start the vehicle. The remote recharges via USB, so I just keep it plugged in.
            Automated that is exactly what I am thinking of doing. I have a few open contact closure ports available on my global cache GC-100-12 I'm thinking that I should be able to connect the wires to one of those to trigger the remote am I correct on this

Thanks again Ken
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I have also been doing this for a while. My truck remotes a double click to start. I made a 8051 processor circuit C coded with the correct timing to open and close a relay across the remote start contacts. Works great.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X