Replace battery in Everspring SM103 door sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace battery in Everspring SM103 door sensor

After I replace the battery in Everspring SM103 Zwave door sensor, Ztroller doesn't talk to the sensor any more even with sensor placed next to Ztroller (rescan would fail). Do I need to add the sensor again? How do I remove the old node?

Battery operated devices go to sleep and troller cannot talk to them, they can only send event notifications to HS. To wake up i think you triple click tamper button (check manual).

I changed batteries on mine and never had to reimport.

Comment

I did wake up the sensor but the sensor and ztroller still not talking (hs can't get status update when door open/close, and hs cant rescan sensor either).

Is any setting data stored on the sensor itself that can be lost? The battery was dead for a few month before I got around replacing it.

Comment

I agree with Person that normally just installing new batteries brings them on-line again without issue.

If I get a device that just won't play nice and I can't get communications working with it again to scan or remove it, as a last resort I use Remove Failed Nodes in the device's root 'modify' page to get delete it from the Controller. There's probably other/better methods, but that's the one I use, understanding that the mesh will need re-optimization if it's a routing device being removed.

I have a bunch of these sensors, what I especially like is that installing new batteries will keep the sensor awake long enough to do a full cycle of add/import/scan/4xOptimize without having to triple click the tamper button. So once the device is removed from the Controller and you add fresh batteries, hopefully you can run through the cycle successfully.
        All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Got it. Thanks. I will remove it and reinstall.

I replaced batteries once before, don't remember it being so involved, but this time the batteries have been dead for a long time. Does anyone know if there are data stored on the sensor itself (and can be lost if battery is completely drained), thus causing the problem? Just curious.

Comment

I would hope they have non-volatile RAM, but that's a wag. I don't know what your 'long time' is. but I've had dead batteries for 3 months and the sensors came right back on line with new ones. Conversely on rare occasions I've replaced alive but low batteries and lost comms with the sensor and had to do a remove/replace. Aaah, the joy that is Z-Wave.
            All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

I had one of mine off line since Feb and just checked it, batteries were fine, but it would not connect. It turned out to be inner spring for 2 of the batteries got depressed so much that the batteries were not connecting well. Pull it out a bit, replace the batteries, did a rescan and now it works again.
              I am looking for a better device. I am only using it for the open/close wired connection and not the magnetic one. Nice that it gives you both ways to use it.

Comment

Working...
              X