New Aeon Labs Aeotec Recessed Z-Wave Door Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Aeon Labs Aeotec Recessed Z-Wave Door Sensor

I know Smarthome just released something similar for Insteon, but for those running Z-Wave, Aeon Labs just released their own version :

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/hardw...or-sensor.html

The Insteon version uses a AAA battery, while this uses a CR2 battery. I like how the Aeon labs version uses magnets instead of a plunger (which doesn't sound as durable), though the MSRP price is double that of the Insteon version.

The Insteon Version :
    http://www.insteon.com/2845-x22-hidden-door-sensor.html

Saw that yesterday but didn't see a US seller carrying it yet. Hopefully HS will soon.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Has anyone tried using these with Homeseer? I am thinking of putting them in my closet doors around the house in place of motion sensors in the closets.

I have seen them available a couple of places around the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by chewie View Post
        Has anyone tried using these with Homeseer? I am thinking of putting them in my closet doors around the house in place of motion sensors in the closets.

I have seen them available a couple of places around the Internet.
        Have you found a source for them?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, they are selling them on Home Controls.

http://www.homecontrols.com/Aeon-Lab...FSRk7Aodu10A0g

Comment

They should work with HS3 if they are Z-Wave certified. Rick is checking but these do look interesting.

Comment

Thanks Rupp! Looking forward to what Rick says.

Comment

Bummer, they are not yet Z-Wave certified and shouldn't be available for sale just yet. Hopefully they will be certified soon.

Comment

Oh well, I suppose I will just keep using my X-10 motion sensors. I was just hoping to start gradually phasing those out for something that may be a bit more reliable.

Thanks Rupp!

Comment

Hopefully these will get certified quickly and be on the open market soon.

Comment

Anyone tried them with Homeseer 3.

Feedback on other forums, seems to be positive.

Comment

They are not supposed to be available and those places that were selling them have pulled them. If you can find one go for it and let us know how well they work.

Comment

Aeon Labs Recessed Door Sensor in Stock

We got them!

Aeon Labs Recessed Door Sensor in Stock

http://store.homeseer.com/store/x-P1830C208.aspx

Comment

Does HS3 read the battery level properly on this model? I have several of the normal Aeon Labs door/window sensors and while HS2 could read the battery level, HS3 can not. There are a couple of places I'd like to put one of these but if it has the same problem I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrag View Post
                              Does HS3 read the battery level properly on this model? I have several of the normal Aeon Labs door/window sensors and while HS2 could read the battery level, HS3 can not. There are a couple of places I'd like to put one of these but if it has the same problem I'll wait.
                              Including the sensor creates the battery device. We confirmed this today.

Comment

Working...
                              X