No announcement yet.

Open/Close replacement for the Everspring SM103-1 Z-Wave Door / Window Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/Close replacement for the Everspring SM103-1 Z-Wave Door / Window Sensor

I have been using the Open/Close contacts of the Everspring SM103-1 Z-Wave Door / Window Sensor to monitor the open/close status (wires) sent by my driveway detection unit (tells me when a car is coming or leaving). I have had a good number of these units just stop working on me and had to replace them. Does anyone know a good substitute that can detect an open or closed state via two wires?

You could try the Aeon Labs door sensors.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

These are very reliable when used indoors.
      http://www.amazon.com/X10-Control-Wi.../dp/B000EFIVLG
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Instead of using battery operated device you can simply use Aeon micro switch of LFM-20. Use external switch contacts, bring 120V to it and don't connect any load. Now it will tell you if external switch is opened/closed thru instant status. For Aeon micro you need to set parameter 80 to 1or 2 to get instant status. I use this setup w/ external reed relay for my garage door and it is rock solid. it replaced SM103 that was flakey even w/ external hard-wired power.

Comment

Working...
        X