Philips Hue + Xbox One Immersive Room Concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips Hue + Xbox One Immersive Room Concept

Ran into this, and immediately thought about uses with Homeseer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgjm0xc4_M4

Hue

I'm very interested in feedback on these devices would consider purchasing several

Comment

Wish the guy posted how he did that..

Comment

Is it pre-programmed or is there actually something analyzing the HDMI signal?
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Side note anyone got this working on xBmC? I've seen that there are a couple of addons. Also I'm a pc gamer is there a windows app that could do this? My 120' projector screen with around sound absolutely needs ambient responsive lighting the girlfriend doesn't jump as much during movies she's gotten used to it lol

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
            Side note anyone got this working on xBmC? I've seen that there are a couple of addons. Also I'm a pc gamer is there a windows app that could do this? My 120' projector screen with around sound absolutely needs ambient responsive lighting the girlfriend doesn't jump as much during movies she's gotten used to it lol
            hyperion supports Philips Hue
            https://github.com/ntim/hyperion/wik...ps-Hue-Support

I haven't tested myself with Hue, as I don't have any, but it works wonderfully with RGB LED strips

Comment

Is there a Windows implementation?

Comment

Is there a Windows implementation?
                I don't think so, hyperion has been designed for the RPi
                But you can have hyperion running on the RPi and connecting to XBMC running on a windows box.
                Last edited by spud; February 26, 2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Was just reading about that. Also saw there is an Ambilight plugin for XBMC but that won't do anything for gaming.

Ever heard of the light berry? It looks like they have a HDMI frame grabber implementation somehow

Comment

Wish the guy posted how he did that..
                    In the comments on YouTube he indicates that it was all done manually .

Cheers
                    Al

PS Hyperion with spud's plugin works great!
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Was just reading about that. Also saw there is an Ambilight plugin for XBMC but that won't do anything for gaming.

Ever heard of the light berry? It looks like they have a HDMI frame grabber implementation somehow
                      you could use a USB video grabber with your RPi and hyperion:
                      https://christianmoser.me/how-to-amb...y-hdmi-source/

Comment

Was just looking into the same thing. I could then use Hyperion with the hue. Man this is one of those applications where I wish I could just pay a hundred bucks for a plug and play solution but guess it's something to tinker with.

Comment

Working...
                        X