WIFI Asset Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIFI Asset Tracking

So crazy idea... I've found my cheaperRFID stuff less than reliable so... I was thinking... Why not find the cheapest "device" possible who's only purpose is to authenticate to my WIFI network at home and grab a locked down IP address and put in the cars. I could then trigger events off ping failure/success. Crazy? Any idea what that device could be? Again, all it has to do is authenticate to the WLAN.
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

I do some thing similar with a program called bluewatch WIFI and I use my old cell phones? Bluewatch WIFI sends a command to HS when wifi is detected or lost.

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I just preordered a couple of Spark Cores, and this is one of the applications I'm thinking of using it for. $39 gets you a WiFi arduino compatible controller.

https://www.spark.io
      HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
        I just preordered a couple of Spark Cores, and this is one of the applications I'm thinking of using it for. $39 gets you a WiFi arduino compatible controller.

Now that looks interesting. Just think of the scope creep that could come with that little sucker in your car! Battery voltage, interface with the PCM for engine error codes, hmmm...
        HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post

What about a WiFi multi sensor?

Comment

Originally posted by rrepic View Post
            What about a WiFi multi sensor?
            You're reading my mind... I have in mind a WiFi multi-sensor (light/temp/humidity) that also acts as an RGB LED strip controller.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Working...
            X