Dumb Question - Multiple Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb Question - Multiple Lights

I've installed three Jasco Z-wave on/off switches for the three frontal exterior lights on my house -- porch, mudroom, and garage.

What's the accepted technique for controlling them all as a single unit? In other words, if I turn any of them on, I want them all on. If I turn any of them off, I want them all off.

I was thinking scene, but Homeseer complained that they aren't scene capable. I know they ARE scene-capable, but I was wondering if there's a different way to handle this.

I went into Idiot Mode and tried adding some Events to do it, and wound up in my first endless loop in a long time. I had a good laugh, hit my head on the desk, dropped my ego in the wastebasket, and came straight here...

I think what HS message means is that they cannot initiate a scene, but they can be controlled as a device inside a scene. You would need scene controller like Cooper or Leviton ones to do that.

I think you goal is to not add more devices but tie the 3 together. For that you can use direct association. Go to devices status page -> click on the device name -> Modify device page opens -> Click associations -> add the other 2 switches to group 1. Do this for all 3 devices so that it won't matter which one you control.

Comment

When I go to the Z-wave associations, it's grayed out, so that wasn't an option. I decided to switch directions entirely, and I just added an event to turn them all on and off based on sunrise/sunset, which is probably what I should have done in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I see - so that means these switches don't even support basic association. Another way to keep them in sync is to have events that run on change of each switch and then match others to it.

Comment

Working...
        X