Revolv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolv

I was reading an article and came across this-- looks like a hub which supports 7 different wireless standard, including Zwave and Insteon. It would be great if HS could operate with it to control the various devices.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...volvpremium-20
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

This is what HomeSeer does. So why the need for this device?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If the hardware handles z-wave/zigbee/insteaon... it would be kind of nifty to have one device that HS could use to control any protocol.. (as opposed to having a ztroller, a UPB interface, an Insteon/PLM, a W800, etc)

Not sure if that is what this does... but if it did, you could still use homeseer to do all the logic/monitoring, but only have one central interface to talk to ALL the hardware.
      Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        This is what HomeSeer does. So why the need for this device?

zigbee

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
          zigbee
          What ZigBee devices are available? There is nearly no standardization on the ZigBee devices that have been available for public consumption either. You may also want to check their forums as there are a few issues with nearly every protocol they support like Z-Wave locks for one. Lastly, read closely. The current model only supports three protocols
          We’re setting the record for smart home device compatibility, starting with Z-Wave, Insteon and Wi-Fi compatibility. And with future software updates adding support for ZigBee and other languages, we’re on track to support hundreds of devices in the next year.
          It's a good concept but it's also a HS competitor so I'm not sure they will be happy to supply an SDK for Interoperability. But who knows maybe they will.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
            If the hardware handles z-wave/zigbee/insteaon... it would be kind of nifty to have one device that HS could use to control any protocol.. (as opposed to having a ztroller, a UPB interface, an Insteon/PLM, a W800, etc)

Not sure if that is what this does... but if it did, you could still use HS to do all the logic/monitoring, but only have one central interface to talk to ALL the hardware.
            That would be cool if it did all of this but so far it only does Insteon, Z-Wave, and the Internet. I know a lot of users are having Z-Wave lock issues but I'm not sure why but it makes me wonder what version(s) of Z-Wave it supports. I know the Z-Wave chips memory is very small and there are lots of integrator having issue fitting the latest firmware on the chips. I wonder if it's field upgradeable?

Comment

What ZigBee devices are available? There is nearly no standardization on the ZigBee devices that have been available for public consumption either. You may also want to check their forums as there are a few issues with nearly every protocol they support like Z-Wave locks for one. Lastly, read closely. The current model only supports three protocols It's a good concept but it's also a HS competitor so I'm not sure they will be happy to supply an SDK for Interoperability. But who knows maybe they will.
              There are tons of zigbee devices and with things like XBee for $30, you can make a ton of stuff wireless (e.g. I had a wireless serial line up and running in 10 mins, brultech devices have xbee support, instead of 1-wire you could have a zigbee mesh network of environmental sensors, etc.) The goal wouldn't be to support Revolv, but to have zigbee support in HS.

I think comcast use zigbee for their RF remotes. I know there are interoperabilty issues between zigbee compared to z-wave.

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
              HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
              2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
              USB UIRT
              Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
              WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
              HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
              2GIG Thermostat
              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
              BLUPS
              UltraLog (SQL2008)
              Jon00 Plugins
              Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
              Global Cache IP2IR
              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

That would be cool if it did all of this but so far it only does Insteon, Z-Wave, and the Internet. I know a lot of users are having Z-Wave lock issues but I'm not sure why but it makes me wonder what version(s) of Z-Wave it supports. I know the Z-Wave chips memory is very small and there are lots of integrator having issue fitting the latest firmware on the chips. I wonder if it's field upgradeable?
                I second that - I would really like to know if it works better with door locks. A friend of mine has Vera and he said he is seeing issues as well - he says mostly he used them as key free entry. Integration with Vera - not really ...

Comment

Gonzo...... purchased by Nest and shelved: http://www.cepro.com/article/nest_ac...shuts_it_down/

If you know anyone who bit the bullet and picked one up, let them know we're implementing a trade in program: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=170915

Comment

I guess Nest thinks their thermostat should be the hub then as they don't want another hub. I do not agree that this is the right way of building HS system but of course they want to sell you the snake oil they already have (Nest) and people are willing to shell money on hand over fist. But this also means no hard-wired options as you cannot hard-wire anything into your furnace while you could do that is you use standalone hub or even security system as a hub. Also you cannot place it anywhere in the house - t-stat wires are typically prewired in one place.

I like the trade in idea

Comment

Working...
                    X