Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danalock - Zwave lock, cant add - can support be added?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmstrom
    replied
    And its not even a real new lock, it looks more like a rebrand of the old poly-lock lock.

And as far as i know, it still has no status feedback via zwave.

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    Hey Rupp - Poly got back to me (Danalock maker) - They said they spoke to HS at CES - Is there anything I can do to help get this in HS? They seem to be a bad company overall, they sell a lock that says Zwave and BT and they said they support Android, so 4.3 can for Low Energy BT but it doesn't work with their lock, so my only way to use this is with Zwave until my next phone....

Should have stayed with my Lockitron ......

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    Thanks Rupp - That's a bummer - Its a great lock and support BT as well, which is why I wanted it - bummer is to be out $150 for the lock now

Glad I didn't put a whole in my door to install it at least .... (no deadbolt there yet).

If you guys could get it to work, it would be awesome .... It shouldn't be all that tough, I wouldn't think???

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Sounds like you've done all you can do. It's sounds like HS may not be compatible with the lock. Let me see if I can get Rick to have a look at this thread and comment.

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    Yep - added it like my other locks - In these attempts its about 2 inches from the Ztroller, which is connected directly to the PC and I am using the Add from the controller in HS3. It finds the base unit without an issue, but fails at the negotiate for Security ... Tried 3 times again today - Same issue each time.....

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    How did you add the lock to HS? Did you bring the lock close to HS and add it via the Z-Wave management page? If not try that as most Z-Wave interfaces time out adding locks.

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    Rupp - Is there a timeout setting I can tweak for the security negotiation? Ive talked to a few people who have added it to a Vera Gateway and they said that part took a long time and let it sit...

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    Rupp -

1.17 .... Is there a more current one???

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    What firmware version is your Z-Troller running?

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    Cool - Ill do that now ... Thanks Rupp

** DONE ** Bug 1445

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by surovich View Post
    The vendor specs, of course, only mention Vera Gateway - But I see no reason why it wont work with the troller and Homeseer.

Yeah, since this is a deadbolt it wasn't mounted yet and was about 2" from the ZTroller .... I had that issue with my other locks in the old days

Rupp -

It cant find it - Is that because it can negotiate the security? (I have asked the vendor for the information)

53 Z-Wave Node 53 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 53 Sigma Designs
    0x0 0x0 0x0 True (Beam 250ms) (Not Available) Unknown
    (0) 40.0Kbps
    Basic: BASIC TYPE ROUTING SLAVE, Generic: GENERIC TYPE ENTRY CONTROL
    Uses Interface: Z-Troller (1)
    Supported: Manufacturer Specific, Battery, Version, Security, Association, Powerlevel, Configuration, Time
    I do not have enough information on this error. I would recommend putting in a Bugzilla report on this issue and Rick will review it when he gets back from CES.

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    The vendor specs, of course, only mention Vera Gateway - But I see no reason why it wont work with the troller and Homeseer.

Yeah, since this is a deadbolt it wasn't mounted yet and was about 2" from the ZTroller .... I had that issue with my other locks in the old days

Rupp -

It cant find it - Is that because it can negotiate the security? (I have asked the vendor for the information)

53 Z-Wave Node 53 Z-Wave Interface Sigma Door Lock Node 53 Sigma Designs
    0x0 0x0 0x0 True (Beam 250ms) (Not Available) Unknown
    (0) 40.0Kbps
    Basic: BASIC TYPE ROUTING SLAVE, Generic: GENERIC TYPE ENTRY CONTROL
    Uses Interface: Z-Troller (1)
    Supported: Manufacturer Specific, Battery, Version, Security, Association, Powerlevel, Configuration, Time

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    What firmware is this lock running?

Leave a comment:

• gearyt
    replied
    maybe... With mine ( Schlage ) I needed to remove the lock from the door and place on desk next to HS computer.. It then added everything. Less than 18"

Leave a comment:

• surovich
    Guest replied
    Tried a Rescan too :

Jan-10 10:55:31 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-Troller : Secure message received from node 51 but the Authentication Tag could NOT be verified! (Not Processed)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X